cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPF Smart Client Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a powerbuilder app that has a WPF target and deploys as a smart client.  Everything works fine for the 12.5 deployment but not the 12.6 deployment.  I deployed and installed to windows 8.1 client and I get the error message "An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."  If I copy everything in the powerbuilder shared folder to the machine the application works.  So how do I get the smart client to deploy everything that is needed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems like the pbruntime.msi is not deploying pbvm126.  I don't know how many others.  What do I need to do to get this going?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

How did you conclude to that? Have you checked [X]:\Program Files\Sybase\PowerBuilder 12.6\DotNET\pbiu\BootStrapper\Packages? Do you see two folders under? Is 1-PBRuntime one of them? Does it contains configuration.xml & pbruntime.msi?

If you believe there is something missing, then you can add it there, as you can also add any other prerequisites you want...

But first of all check if everything is in place.

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked in the shared folder that gets deployed after the runtime installs and the pbvm126.file is not there.  I don't want to have to put something in the bootstrapper that should already be there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am at my wits end.  Can't get this deployed via smart client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

This should be normal. I believe the pbruntime.msi should deploy files under Program Files Folder. Have you tries to install manually the pbruntime.msi to a deployment machine to see if an error occurs?

Andreas.