cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR 2013 - prompting1.html error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've installed CR 2013 on a Win 7 PC. When I click OK on a parameter prompt screen to run a report, I keep getting this error:

Script Error

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, including reboting. I am using the CR 2013 SP4 install image, with a full license. None of the other discussions mentioning "prompting1.html" have any definitive answers. Formatting the hard drive is not an acceptable answer.I have installed this on other PCs in the office, with no problems,.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob

I suspect this is permissions, or mixed up runtime related. Couple of utilities may help you in identifying the issue.

Process Monitor

Check the logs for "access denied" messages.

Fiddler

Check the logs for redirects, etc.

Also see:

KBA - 1811873 - An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 23 Char: 1 Error: Library not regi...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Have you tried Patrick's suggestion from this thread:

Another solution is to replace the 'prompting' folder on your machine with a one that works on another machine. The folder should be under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 2013\crystalreportviewers

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhilash,

I've tried all Patrick's suggestions:

1) Setup IE to the lowest security.

No change

2)  then verify the prompting files located on your MS windows 7 exists.

It is located under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers\prompting

Yes all files are there, matching the files on the working machine, all dated 5/20/2014

3)  1. Refresh your report that have at least one parameter in Crystal Reports 2011

2. When being prompted by a blank parameter prompt screen, open the screen in a new IE window by pressing the keys: CTRL-N

3. When a new window for the parameter prompt open, view the source code by selecting "View Source" under the menu "Page"

Does it show anything?

Yes, it shows several hundred lines of code, here are the first ten, referencing the proper, existing folder:

<!-- saved from url=(0017)http://localhost/ -->

<form name="CR_PFORM" id="CR_PFORM" method="post" action="">

<input type="hidden" name="CR_PHANLDE" id="CR_PHANLDE" value="PCXT3332608801AE16032184E4400" />

<input type="hidden" name="CR_PVALUE" id="CR_PVALUE" value="" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/Crystal Reports/crystalreportviewers/prompting/css/promptengine2.css">

<script language="javascript" src="file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/Crystal Reports/crystalreportviewers/prompting/js/promptengine_strings_en.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" src="file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/Crystal Reports/crystalreportviewers/prompting/js/promptengine_prompts2.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" src="file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/Crystal Reports/crystalreportviewers/prompting/js/promptengine_calendar2.js"></script>

<script language="javascript">

4) Check Page -> Properties which shows:

file:///C:/Users/administrator/AppData/Local/Temp/prompting1.html

and the file prompting1.html is there. When clicked on, I get the full correct prompt screen.

I am getting the full prompt screen when I refresh my report, and I can select and enter the parameters. When I click OK, I get the error screen showed on the top of this thread.

Here is the prompt screen:

The question that needs to be answered is, what is causing the "Library not registered" error? What library needs to be registered? Can I register it manually? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jacob

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have another Windows 7 machine where the prompting screen works without the script errors?

If yes, then copy the 'prompting' folder that exists on that machine and place it under the

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers

path on your machine.

-Abhilash