Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5 component usage across projects

former_member207065
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read the doc Structuring SAPUI5 Applications - UI Frameworks based on HTML5, JavaScript and CSS - SAP Library.

And I don't see any code sample showing how components are used across different projects.

I'm designing a BPM form now. The form consists of three part: Applicant, Content, History. The Applicant and History parts should be reusable and will be used by all other BPM forms. So I want to place this two parts in a project, like 'form.common'. And the Content part is placed in another project, like 'form.formA'. The 'form.formA' uses 'form.common' and integrates the three part into one whole BPM form. At runtime, the three part can interact with each other, including UI interaction and data interaction. How should I implement this?

Best Regards,

Abe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207065
Participant
0 Kudos

Nobody knows how? Or must I develop all UIs in a single project?

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, BPM means a target platform is J2EE?

create a webapp and place your reusable stuff in to resource folder (like my-webapp in example below)

Multiple Module Locations - What's New in SAPUI5 - SAP Library

former_member207065
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. Now I can place my reusable stuff into seperated projects. There are several reusable components. But how to use another component from a component? The developer guide does not demonstrate the usage between components.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

same way as you use it anywhere else - sap.ui.core.ComponentContainer

for communication between components you can use global event bus from core sap.ui.getCore().getEventBus(), make sure you use and appropriate channel (first parmatere)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)