Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customs document type cannot be determined for external document Type F8

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Need help

I am trying to transfer F8 to GTS 10.1 and getting following message in GTS  Transfer log for export:

Customs document type cannot be determined for external document Type F8

New implementation

GTS 10.1 running with SP 12

ECC side Plug-In settings are fine. BAdi is Active.(There is no document mapping for F8/CUSDEC as it is not required in 10.1)

GTS side configurations are also fine. Checked several times by 4 sets of eyes!!

(Include general settings configurations, Customs communication configurations:)

(Defining technical medium, conditions/output parameters, defining messages for communication process,

defining determination for activity sequence and control settings for communication process)

Despite this I am not able to trnasfer F8 successfully

Can someone throw some light on this issue please?

Keshav Murthy

keshv.us@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member347943
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Keshav,

I guess you need add the special trade indictor S1 in the activity sequence determination. For example, ACE Export/Re-export S1  CUSEX. Then the export customs declaration document will be triggered successfully. More details please see the SAP note 1086894. Thanks.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question.

Best regards,

Kevin Cao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Although working on SAP GTS 10.1 SP12, i don't have any such information on the non maintenance of mapping for F8 Billing types but I would ask you to check and do ensure the below settings as well.

• Check that Document Type CULOEX is activated for Customs Processing.
  • Check that all required Partner Functions have been mapped.
  • Check that the Item Category in the proforma is assigned to GTS Item Category CLPOS.
  • Check that there is an entry  for the determination of the Activity Sequence.
  • Check that the Business Partners and Products have been transferred as Master Data.

Regards,

Aman

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aman

Thank you verymuch.

Document type CULOEX is activated for Customs Services

Required Partner functions are mapped

Certainly there is entry in determination of activity sequence

BPs, Products are transferred.

But there is no way to assign CLPOS to Proforma in GTS 10.1 as it does not appear at all in

the GTS item category list from Mapping screen.

Thanks

Keshav Murthy

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aman

Also in CULOEX definition in control data section Item category "Declaration Item" (CLPOS) has been assigned.

So I am not sure if there is anything missing. Apprciate help.

Thanks

Keshav Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Did you assign Billing document type F5 to CULOEX in GTS?

You can try assigning it for Application Level BEBD- Billing document engine. Please try and let us know.

Regards

Dhilipan

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan

Yes I tried assigning F8 (Proforma Invoice for Delivery Document) to Billing Document engine and it did not work.

Keshav Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Going by all the inputs, it seems out to be a case where I am certainly missing out something but couldn't find out due to non availability of system.

In this case, the best and time tested way out at last will be to debug the behavior at the Feeder system itself when the invoice is saved. This will certainly give you an idea about why the document is not getting generated at the GTS end. In case of further help, please feel free to ask me again.

Regards,

Aman

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aman

I think the issue could be on GTS side as I can see the Transfer Log for Export. The message clearly says "Customs document type cannot be determined for external document type F8". Correct me if I am wrong, I would n't be seeing the log in GTS if it has not come into GTS. First I tried pushing it manually. It did not work. Then I tried to look into some notes where I saw that we cannot  push manually only for Customs Processing. Then activated BAdi and tried. Still it is not working. Something strange. I have tried most of suggestions from Forums and friends!!

Keshav Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Please check following things

1) Legal regulation is activated.

2) Process template assigned to the legal regulation

3) Activity Sequence determination

4) Open the activity sequence in under Control settings for Communication processes and check if there is a document type assigned to it. Table- /SAPSLL/TLEPAF

If you are still not able to get the exact rootcause, please have someone debug /SAPSLL/API_6800_CSD_SYNCH in GTS. See if object CUHDA is getting populated.

Logic is to pick up CUHDA from the activity sequence. If there is no document type linked there, system will try to check the Assignment of Document type from feeder system for Application Level- BEBD/SD0C.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Dhilipan

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan

Here we go..

You asked me to check the following

Please check following things

1) Legal regulation is activated. - Yes Activated

2) Process template assigned to the legal regulation - Yes Assigned

3) Activity Sequence determination - Yes done

4) Open the activity sequence in under Control settings for Communication processes and check if there is a document type assigned to it. Table- /SAPSLL/TLEPAF - Yes done.

It is really puzzling.

Thanks

Keshav Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

I think you should go ahead and have someone debug the FM that I gave you in the last post.

FM- /SAPSLL/API_6800_CSD_SYNCH in GTS. See if value for CUHDA is filled in. Let us know if you need any help in debugging or if you are stuck somewhere.

Regards

Dhilipan

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Your problem could be due to the Export Authorisation.  If you have defined one for your Export process, then your entry in table /SAPSLL/TLEDPA (Activity Sequence determination) needs to include it.  I can see from your screen-shot that the field is blank in your entry.

If you do have an Export Authorisation, then you should make another entry WITH the Licence Type.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Please open your proforma while you create it. Go to header level, check the company code there.

See which FTO is linked to your company code in GTS. I assume you are testing for US from your screenshots. But I doubt, your FTO is not in US. Might be system is picking up some other legal regulation other than ACE.

So, please 1) see the Company code in proforma  2) Identify mapping FTO in GTS 3) Is this FTO country US. If not, that's where the issue is.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Dhilipan

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan

No that happened with some document for sure. But I have checked other documents with all those parameters checked. Mohit was also referring to this. I have sent one more case tested today to Mohit and have requested him to check with you by showing the screens.

Thanks for the help. As suggested I have to debug the FM and see.

Keshav Murthy