Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

VMD_EI_API_EXTRACT does not return contact person

I'm writing a program to copy a Vendor to a customer. For that I need to read all the data from the Vendor using the GET_DATA method of class VMD_EI_API_EXTRACT. But this methos does not return the contact persons for my vendors. I need the job address of the contact person to become the address of the customer.

I have tried the test program from the wiki, and here the section with the contact person is also empty : Extracting vendor master data using class - VMD_EI_API_EXTRACT - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Is it not possible to read contact persons with this class - even if there is section for contacts under CENTRAL_DATA-CONTACT ?

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Short answer : A general available method/Class is not just a method/class you just can call anymore

The answer I got from SAP after creating an OSS was that this API is part of the switch framework (Operations, Enterprise Services 2 - Business Functions (SAP Enhancement Package 3 for SAP ERP 6.0) - SAP Library) from where you can enable new functionality. So you have to do some customizing !

You need to activate switch VENDOR_SFWS_SC1.

And activate customizing :

Cross-Application Components

->Master Data Synchronization

->Customer/Vendor Integration

->Business Partner Settings

->Settings for Customer Integration

->Field Assignment for Customer Integration

->Assign Attributes

->Contact Person

=>Activate Assignment of Contact Persons

Why this should be nessesary in a READ method is beyond my understanding

(that said - we are running IS-CWM and could not get the answer if activating a switch/this switch on a IS-CWM system was recommended, and therefore I ended up coding the read of contactperson using my own code)

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question