cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR not generate Inbound under Handling Unit-managed SLoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question with regards to HU management.  May I know if, under standard SAP, that an Inbound delivery will be created automatically when posting a GRN against a purchasing order into a HUM-managed storage location?

If this is true, I wonder what I miss out on my system because there is no inbound delivery generated. See below my system posting and configuration.

A) System configuration:

B) Transaction.

Purchasing Order:

When trying to perform GRN against this PO item 0020, the following error appears.

Why system does not allow me to post GRN to generate inbound delivery?

Next, I tried another way, by removing the confirmation control key in the PO. However, system complained about missing confirmation control key.  However, before the error message appear, I can see the message bar at the bottom showing “delivery being prepared”.

Any idea what is missing?

Regards,
Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a confirmation control key in your PO which requires an inbound delivery, then you need to have this inbound delivery before you can perform a GR.

This is usually send by EDI from your vendor to you and you post the receipt from the IBD.

Confirmations from the Purchasing Viewpoint - Purchasing (MM-PUR) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

I totally understand this.

So what is the problem of the error in order to make the delivery automatically created upon MIGO-GR posting as stated in standard SAP?

Regards,

Tuff

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as mentioned by Jurgen if the confirmation control key is there in the PO then you require a Inbound delivery (you can create this by using T-code VL31N or else this can be created as result of receipt of EDI from your vendor with all the required information)

Once the delivery is created then you can perform the goods receipt  against the inbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen and Manish,

I totally understand what you guys mentioned.

However, according to SAP that the inbound delivery will be created automatically when GRN posting take place via MIGO. In another word, without having to first going to VL32N to create the inbound delivery.

I saw this statement in the SAP help... and it seem not working on my previous screen example.

regards,

Tuff

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, but you cannot create an inbound delivery if you require a shipping notification which has not yet arrived.

you cannot do the 2nd step before the first.

you may try it again without confirmation control in your PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Jurgen,

I tried again by creating a new PO, and the storage location is still a HUM-managed storage location (scrow up to see my first posting).

I removed the confirmation control key in my PO.

Next, the following error triggered when I tried post a GRN in MIGO.
"Purchase order 4500000409 00010 does not contain a confirmation control key".

However, before the error message appear when pressing the "post" button in MIGO, I can see the message bar at the bottom showing “delivery being prepared”.

Any clue?

REgards,

Tuff

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you have any customizing in IMG > LE > Shipping > Deliveries > Define order confirmation for inbound deliveries ?

if yes, was the confirmation control key identical to the purchase order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I have thought of that configuration as the main culprit initially, but it doesn't work.

I added an entry into the table base on object in my PO.

At this stage, the "confirmation control key" input box in PO's "confirmation" tab is blank.

I still get the same error message, i.e. "Purchase order 4500000409 00010 does not contain a confirmation control key, Message no. M7394".

Hence, I went back to the PO and inserted the control key 0004.

Again, I will face the standard error message:

Please help.

thanks

Tuff

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can it be that the control key does not allow IBD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

That box is checked when the error posting happened in MIGO.

Strange isn't it.

Tuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

did you get any further with this topic? I'm curious because I'm struggeling with the same issue.

The funny thing is, when you create an order confirmation in PO you can post the goods receipt and you'll get your inbound delivery. But only when your T184L is properly maintained.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I tried many time and it still doesn't work.

I will update you if I found the solution.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael and Jurgen,

The reason why Inbound delivery not create during MIGO-GR is probably standard SAP not allow? I said this because in the SAP help portal below, it does not mention an inbound delivery will be created automatically during MIGO-GR.

Goods Receipt Handling without Reference to Inbound Deliveries - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - ...

However, the inbound delivery will be created automatically if the goods movement is stock transfer, posting change. And the reason why I assume this is because the SAP help portal in the following link mentioned this.

Goods Movements - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - SAP Library

Do you think my assumption is correct?

Regards,

Tuff

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Hope you are doing good. Were  you able to find a solution for the confirmation control key error in MIGO while performing the goods receipt against outbound delivery. I'm also in the same situation where we are having an STO------>out bound delivery PGI'ed---------> now trying to do the goods receipt against outbound delviery into a Handling unit managed sloc and at this point get the error that the PO does not contain the confirmation control key.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks

Ravi

Answers (0)