cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lookup inside abap data flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am using ABAP data flow to pull data from ECC standard tables in BODS 4.0 version.

To pull only required data, i introduced where clause inside ABAP data flow, but

this is having performance issue since i started using many values using IN() caluse.

Can i use Lookup() inside ABAP, instead of filters in where clause?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raghu,

I am getting below error

Execute ABAP program </*****.aba> error <    ABAP SYNTAX ERROR  "CCODE--lookuptable" must be a flat structure. You cannot use internal tab>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you still using the lookip_ext function withing the ABAP Dataflow? As mentioned in this thread, you cannot use it within a ABAP DF.

It's best to use Magesh's solution or you can use a more tedious approach of providing the list of 30 company codes in your 'where' clause. However, if you decide to use this approach, please be aware that in case you need to add/delete any company codes, this will generate a new ABAP program and you will have to make sure you transport the updated program to your QA and production systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya, I dont have access to create txt file for this purpose inside SAP directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I mentioned earlier, another option is to provide the list of company codes in the 'WHERE' clause of your query transform in the ABAP flow. Not highly recommended but will get the job done.

-Chaitanya

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

usually access to the SAP Fileshare will be restricted to the BASIS team. You should have some process to raise a request with your basis support team to place the file inthe desired location meant for BODS. Configuration Management and similar process are usually in place with Basis teams and you can certainly contact them to help with this.

Raghu

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot use lookup_ext() inside a ABAP DF.How many rows are expected to extract?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I want to extract from BSAK with more than 30 BUKRS in lookup.

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make a list of all those 30 company codes and put them in a .txt file.Use this file to inner join with BSAK table (with in ABAP DF), when you do the inner join use the join ranks to improve the performance.You need to place the .txt file in "Application path to the shared directory".If you edit your SAP application's data store where you extract BSAK from, you would see this path.

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a good option. You can get over the performance issue as well as have the flexibility to update the list of codes from one execution to another.

Raghu

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think we can use lookup_ext function within an ABAP dataflow. but the column on which you are applying the filter.... does it have an index ? If not try to get your BASIS team to setup an index on that column. It will help with performance.

Raghu