cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The sum of Inventory qty (neg and positive) is zero but do I need to remove them from LS24?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I performed a GR of a PO for a material that has quality setup, the system puts in Q with an inspection lot.

immediately I have to cancel the 101 with MBST.

the system removes the stock from IM but in WM leaves two entries one with positive and another one with negative number.

Although the inventory is zero in WM these two records are kind of annoying.

is this a common practice that someone has to take care of this? or is there is any program i put to run in the background to eliminate this?

for now I did it with LB12 but I was wondering if this has to be part of my company procedure so user do that

thanks

neo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course someone has to take care of this.

Usually such situation should not occur if the cancellation movement is correctly setup and nothing happened after the goods receipt. The quants and TRs  from receipt and cancellation would equalize and vanish

From your description it can be understood that this did not happen, that you have those quants as well as TRs or PCNs, you did not mention what you had in LB12 and in which storage type those quants are. You did not tell if your system is setup to automatically create TOs. If there is already an open  TO, then it can't be equalized by TR from a cancellation.

Use SE16 and compare both quants in table LQUA and see which field is different, this explains then the reason that it did not equalize each other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this GR for PO created the TO automatically and posted the stock in to a 902 RECDOCK Q and automatically moving it to Q01 storage type with Q as well.

in other words, there is no open TO.

when I canceled the 101, it created the negative qty in 902 RECDOCK

LQUA table everything is the same except for the reference field

for the positive number with storage type Q01 that is based on the requirement number using PO number as reference and for the negative number with storage type 902 RECDOCK is based on the TR number

thanks

neo

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This explains it.

Your goods receipt was already put-away.

Hence you have nothing at the interim bin in 902 storage type which could be equalized with the negative quant from the cancellation.

Under these circumstances you have to clear it manually.