cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 on ME54N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently started work on Personas 2.0 (silverlight on IE11)

My first objective was to merge the 2 header tabs, this was successfully done and then i ventured into merging all the Item tabs in to one. There were few tabs that i did not want at all and so when turning on the 'cache' i deselected those tabs and kept only the 4 tabs that is of interest to me.

TEXT tab will left as is, Now when i move fields from tabs (ACCOUNTASSIGN and SOURCEOFSUPPLY) and merge it under CONTACTPERSON. The 'cache' is still red, moreover i cannot see the fields that i had pulled out to merge it. They are visible only when i choose their respective tabs in display mode.

Worse, when i try 'Save&Exit' it runs forever. My Header tab merge is reset and the whole screen is back to its original state. Appreciate all help.

PS: I implemented following notes 1999747 and 2098114, still the issue continues...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the benefit of others.

We raised the issue with SAP and they have made correction on the Control Overwrite rule for ME54N transaction. The issue is now resolved.

Thanks,

Ram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to create another flavor, this time started with the Item tabs first. The 'caching' doesn't seem to take effect at all.

Irrespective of my cache properties(see below), I still get all the item tabs and 'NO' caching icon. Is it any limitation of the screens in ME54N or am I missing something ? (idea is to keep TEXTS as individual tabs) and merge the other 3).

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You say you "get all the item tabs". Do you mean that despite of marking several tabs not to be visible, still all 10 show up? That should definitely not happen.

Also, what exactly is your goal? Do you want to have two tabs only, TEXTS and another one which combines all fields from Account Assignment, Source of Supply and Contact Person? Which one is the tab you are moving the other tab content into?

If the tab you want to show is Account Assignment (with all tab content from the other two), then try not to cache Account Assignment but cache Source of Supply and Contact Person. Move the elements from the latter two to Account Assignments then uncheck 'Visible for Source of Supply and Contact Person.

You can also try to leave Account Assignment cached if you still have a problem and see if it helps.

This should work unless you have some required field in the cached tabs. Or even if you have a required field in one of the hidden tabs (like Material Data, Quantities) or some logic that can issue an error message, this MAY cause a problem with tab caching.

This really depends how your Requisition transaction is set up.

There is no limitation on the number of cached tabs or specific to ME54N per se.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tamas,

Yes all 10 tabs showed up even after I make some of them invisible.

Like to retain TEXTS tab and combine all fields under ACCOUNTASSIGN tab. and I tried to follow the steps as detailed by you but still run into the same issue, in-fact at one point of time upon 'save' it just went kaput (like infinite loop).

-Ram

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In that case, this situation has to be analyzed in your environment.

I suggest to open an OSS incident and provide a good, detailed description about the targeted design and the exact steps to reproduce the problems you are experiencing.

Make sure the connection is open to your system with regular R/3 and also HTTP connection available to Personas so our support team can look into the issue.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One more thing... before you do the above, please verify that your system is completely up-to-date, with all notes mentioned in parent note 1964257 implemented.

If it is and the problems still persist, go ahead and open the OSS incident.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If the Texts tab should be left as it is in the standard, then why do you cache it but make it invisible?

Do you have any required fields in the cached tabs? If yes, this may interfere with the tab caching; that could be the reason why caching fails as indicated by the red tab caching indicator. In this case, the consequence can also be that fields that were moved from other tabs don't show up.

More detailed screen shots of your flavor would help, along with some explanations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tamas,

My bad! the TEXTS tab is marked visible, i have updated update my image here.

Top-of-head i could see 'qty' field being mandatory. If i use all mandatory fields to merge that should solve the cache issue ? or Is there a limit on number of tabs that can be merged ? or is it the issue of having 'common' cache' for Header and Item tabs ?

My steps :

a) Parked few fields from CONTACT to merge it with ACCOUNTS tab.

b) retained only fields of interest from ACCOUNTS tab, but cannot see the parked fields from CONTACT to add them here.

-Ram

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you happen to have required fields in tabs that are hidden or marked as cached, this will cause an issue with tab caching because the system wants those fields to be populated at the time when Personas attempts to read all cached tabs.

Imagine that in order to do tab caching, the Personas client will click on each tab header to read the tab's content. If at any given time during this process, an error message comes up complaining about required fields, this will result in failed tab caching.

In your screen shot it is visible that tab caching wasn't successful, so this has to be analyzed first why it happens.

So try to do manually what the system does. In the Basic View, click on the tabs that are cached and see if you get an error while not making any entry in any fields. If you do, that's the problem.

If you are not moving objects out of the Texts tab but you want to display it in its standard format, then don't cache it. You only need to cache tabs that you want to move objects out of (and sometimes the one you are moving these to). In general, keep tab caching to the bare minimum you need to fulfill your requirement.

If you merge fields from multiple tabs, do you still need the originating tab? If not, you can make it invisible.

Play around with this and see what's the result. If you still have a problem, post back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tamas,

I have not 'cached' those hidden tabs.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I didn't say you have.