Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Filtering OData Model data at client side (SAP UI5 program)

I have got all the data from Gateway Server to my SAPUI5 program. Now, I dont want to show all the data which I got but want to show only one particular line item. I tried putting filter but it is not working.

Can some one please help me how to use filter in OData model. Please note that I am trying to filter at client side and not at server side

Former Member
replied

Hi,

here you are binding aggregation to table. it means bindRows expect entity collection which is /UserInfoSampleSet. hence the call will go to get_entityset method of DPC_EXT class.

you can put the filter logic in get_entityset method and then get the value of UserID and accordingly get the filtered data into collection

OData QueryMethod ParameterAlternative way to get the valueCoding required to implement Query Operation
UserCollection?$filter=UserID eq '123' and LastName eq 'Mahajan'IT_FILTER_SELECT_OPTIONS and IV_FILTER_STRINGDATA: my_filter_options TYPE/iwbep/t_mgw_select_option,
my_filter_string
TYPE string.
my_filter_options
=io_tech_request_context->get_filter( )->get_filter_select_options( ).
my_filter_string 
= io_tech_request_context->get_filter( )->get_filter_string( ).
Yes

As mentioned in the table, you will get the value in method importing parameter or by using code provided in alternative way. Check the code in How to Develop Query Options for an OData Service Using Code-Based Implementation

put external breakpoint in method get_entityset and accordingly put the logic. once you will get the UserID say in variable lv_userid, pass it to select query as below

METHOD usercollection_get_entityset.

DATA: lt_userinfo TYPE TABLE OF zuserinfo,

ls_userinfo LIKE LINE OF lt_userinfo,

ls_entity   LIKE LINE OF et_entityset.

*Get data from ZUSERINFO table

SELECT * FROM zuserinfo INTO TABLE lt_userinfo where userid = lv_userid.

*Fill ET_ENTITYSET

LOOP AT lt_userinfo INTO  ls_userinfo .

ls_entity-userid    = ls_userinfo-userid.

ls_entity-firstname = ls_userinfo-firstname.

ls_entity-lastname  = ls_userinfo-lastname.

ls_entity-email     = ls_userinfo-email.

ls_entity-phone     = ls_userinfo-phone.

ls_entity-country  = ls_userinfo-country.

APPEND ls_entity TO et_entityset.

ENDLOOP.

ENDMETHOD.

On UI5 side, you can put the code as mentioned here JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging

Regards,

Chandra

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question