cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned/production order generating for a sales order that is complete

ravindra_kulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

There are sales orders which are generating planned/production orders even though they are already have production orders that are at status CNF and DLV.

No changes to configuration. No OCM. No date changes (usually when this occurs it is due to mismatched dates). No reversals. If the orders are Teco’d they just come back. The orders had a successful 101 movement at warehouse.

Can you please help me to understand why these planned/Production orders are getting generated for the same sales order even it though it is delivered with the previous production order.

what i found is the new production order not has the BOM explosion number and a different reservation number for the same sales order.

Thanks and Regards

Ravindra Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

Please share MD04 Snap shot if possible?

and also let us know order complete status?

BR
KK

ravindra_kulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

Kiran

below is MD04 screen

the above seen production order is with Status         REL  PRC  MANC SET

the old production order has Status         REL  CNF  DLV  PRC  GMPS MANC SETC VCAL

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

Your 'old' production order did not yield any product (or, it didn't yield enough product to service the sales order in full).

Your MD04 shows that all supply and demand is in balance.  I will assume that the old production order does not appear on MD04, please confirm.

Can you please show a CO03 screenshot of the 'general' tab of your 'old' order?  

Best Regards,

DB49

ravindra_kulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

please see the below screenshot of the 'old' prod order - general tab. and yes it (old) doesn't shows in MD04.

Regards, Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

That production order was not intended to service the order you displayed on MD04.

The MD04 Sales order = 8469233 / 10

The new production order 93000198263 was created to service this order.

The 'old' production order was created to service a different sales order; 8476546 / 10.  I will assume that this sales order was probably shipped already.

Best Regards,

DB49

ravindra_kulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

sorry for the wrong screenshot, i was referring to one one another similar order.

here is the old order for Sales order = 8469233 / 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

This shows that 1PC was delivered into stock against this production order.  Yet, no stock exists in your MD04 screen.  What happened to the stock?

Since the stock does not currently exist, your MRP run has probably created a new planned order to make up the shortage.

You can review stock movements in MB51.  Enter the Material, plant, and sales order number in the input screen to see the various 'ins' and 'outs' of the stock that was created for that order.  Reductions in stock are usually highlighted in 'Red' on this results.  Examine each one.  To look at detail, you can double click on the row and it will usually take you to a MIGO screen, where it is easy to see the details. If you don't have access to MIGO you can just paste the material document number into MB03 to see the details.

In the end, you will not be able to Goods Issue that delivery (150751093 / 10) until you have stock on hand related to that Sales Order Item.  That stock is going to come from production order 93000198263.

Best Regards,

DB49

ravindra_kulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

in MB51, i see there is one 641 E movement to the sales order. I am not much sure on this movement.

can you please explain it.. its a SD movement to sales order correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

You have to put forth a little effort here.  The data is right there in front of you.  Did you look at the material document like I suggested (double click on the row that interests you)?

Best Regards,

DB49

ravindra_kulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, i checked in that material document but to be honest i am not sure on this movement.

what i understood is the stock was transferred to the another plant with 641 E then in that plant they have done 101 E (GR STO for salesOrSt) , and then 261 E (GI order fm. sls.ord.)

I see the same sales order is there in this plant with a PO item and Order reservation. not sure on this stock and requirement transfer.

thanks,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

OK.  You got the stock movement right, the material was transferred to the alternate plant and received into stock, that's very good troubleshooting so far.

Now, show me the current MD04 in the alternate plant.

Best Regards,

DB49

ravindra_kulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, the below is MD04 for the alternative plant

and the below is MD04 of Supplying plant

can you please help me to understand this stock transfer requirement..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

can you please help me to understand this stock transfer requirement..

Well, you first have to understand your company's underlying business processes.  In this case, you manufacture a material in one plant, but the place where it is needed is in another plant.  SAP allows you to plan the entire supply chain so that the appropriate documents (production orders; planned orders, stock transport orders, etc etc) are created for every transaction that will be needed to complete the sales order, in every plant or location.

According to your latest MD04, you still have legitimate demand in the alternate plant.  The new production order in the original plant (the one you say is a duplicate and shouldn't exist) is therefore legitimate.

In the latest MD04, the demand is coming from, as you noted, a production order reservation.  This material is a component of material 9840T.  If you click on the ordres and display, you will see the production order that is driving the requirement. You can also do the MD04 on 9840T and see what the supply-demand situation is there.

Right now, I don't see any software issues here.  Everything that you have shown me follows what I would consider to be standard business processes.  I don't know what made you think that there were superfluous production orders (that was your original issue) but you haven't yet shown me any evidence that this actually exists.  It is acceptable to have more than one production order supporting a sales order item.

I think we have progressed quite a bit.  I think what you need to do now is to speak to one of your local planners, who is familiar with this company's business processes.  This stuff is a bit arcane for someone who doesn't really have a basic understanding of planning concepts.

Best Regards & good luck,

DB49

ravindra_kulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49

On further investigation we found that there were inconsistencies in the data. Referred OSS Note 25444 and run SAP program SDRQCR21 recommended in it. The sales orders are now removed.

It has resolved the issue.

Thank you for your help, I will be closing this thread.

Best Regards

Ravindra kulkarni

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra

I wrote the following document with the most frequent issues related to sales orders on MD04:

Here you will find a referente to this document and to correction notes that should be implemented to prevent this inconsistency.

BR

Caetano

ravindra_kulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano, that is a useful document.

Regards

Ravindra 

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

You mean to say new order is getting created, or the current TECO status is getting reversed !! I believe new order is getting created after MRP.

If the sales order is not complete and open quantity is present, then MRP will generate new planned orders for the same. Please analyze the MD04 screen and come back. You can ask the sales guys to complete any such sales orders and run mrp to check the same.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Kindly check if you are using 101 with Special Stock indicator "E" while posing GR for production order.

The GR is to be posted to sales order not to normal stock.

Thanks

ravindra_kulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek, thanks, It is 101 with with Special Stock indicator "E"

is there anything else we can check?