Report runs in Bex Analyzer but not in Analysis for Office
We have several reports that retrieve a large amount of data that can run in Bex Analyzer 7.0 but will not run in Analysis for Office 1.4.8 or 1.4.10
we get this error message: ‘Size limit of result set exceeded’
Does anyone know what to do to get this to work?
We have set the following parameters:
BW version 7.30 SP7
AFO version 1.4.10
In BW - BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_MAX set to 5,000,000
In AFO - HKEY_Current_user "resultsetsizelimit = "-1"
In RSRT we see this particular query returns 4.3 million cells ( under the 5 million set)
The query in SM04 shows the memory getting as high as 6GB
Each user is enable to use 20GB of memory
Filipe Zeuch replied
In addition to my previous reply, if you believe that Analysis for Office is not using the value that you have defined in BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_MAX, you can do the following:
- Reproduce the scenario in Analysis for Office recording a backend trace;
- Enter this trace in your RSTT transaction;
- Click on display;
- Click on program module BICS_PROV_GET_RESULT_SET and hit "Parameters";
- Check the tag <I_MAX_DATA_CELLS> to make sure Analysis for Office is using the 5 million value that you defined.
If you find the 5 million value on this tag, you can do the following to know how many data cells are being retrieved from your backend:
- Run transaction SE37, BICS_PROV_GET_RESULT_SET
- Set an external break point here:
IF e_state = cl_rsbolap_qv_result_set=>c_state_data.
* Result set size
e_n_rows = l_r_rs_rows_axis->n_sx_axis-setxx_size.
e_n_columns = l_r_rs_columns_axis->n_sx_axis-setxx_size.
l_n_data_cells = e_n_columns * e_n_rows.
IF i_max_data_cells = 0 OR i_max_data_cells >= l_n_data_cells.
- Reproduce the scenario in AO
- Check the value in >> l_n_data_cells
This value is the number of data cells that Analysis for Office is trying to retrieve from your backend.