cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Object Link to Specification Header

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

We are interested in linking Document Information Records (DIR) to some specification headers.  I know additional SAP objects can be defined for DMS Object Links.

Has anyone done this?  What is the required configuration?  What is the resulting experience?  I assume the link would not be available within the current CG02 interface.  How as this addressed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Go to Doc type for which you need to add the Specification object link.

Follow these steps.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you,

During my review I missed object ESTRH as valid in table TDWOD.

Are you aware of how this link would be accessed from within CG02 (if at all)?  Also is there support for Display Document Versions either All or Current?

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

As per my knowledge there is no such functionality available for that one (in CG02).

I didn't get the second part of your question, "Also is there support for Display Document Versions either All or Current?" 

--

P

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Richard

honestly I was not aware of the options which Tarun has explained. Thanks to Tarun; this topic was new to me.

Let us split your topic slightly:

1.) ESTRH is the "specifcation header". SAP EHS standard does not support any "direct" link to a document here (just check table definition); but based on what Tarun has explained it is quite "clear" that you could enhance EHS easily. As you may be know. we have lot's of user/customer exits in Cg02 in the hitlist. So one option could be: you use SAP DMS and assign documents as explained by Tarun to ESTRH; then you could generate hitlist in CG02 of the specification. Then you could call a customer/user exits. Here you are totally free in screen design and functionality. e.g. you could show the list of assigned docuemnts to ESTRH; you can "direct" call them to get display in SAP Gui etc. etc.

Second You could arrange the whole more "user" friendly. This could be a direction you could investigate:

2.) Once again anything is based on user/customer exit in CG02. Now you could generate a user dialog in wich you would assign, based on CG02, documents for ESTRH as explained by Tarun , and later you can use the "same" exit to show them once again; this would avoid to use the process via SAP DMS

My preferred option would be solution 2.) If I need to prepare a solution

Regards of document assignment in general:

SAP EHS provides you the otion to assign docuemnt to ESTRI and ESTDF in context of SAP DMS. Personally I have only experience for doing that in ESTDF context; But if you check ESTRI defintiion you can detect that a direct linkt to DMS document is possible; as I do not have any kind of exerienc here I can not pvpide you details in how CG02 would react; that means if you have assign one (you can do only 1:1 assignement) tro a idnetifier: how can you "call" and display the document? No clue honestly.

I assume you could enhance the "trick" of Tarun to other tables in EHS there; e.g. if needed ESTMJ etc.; but you need to think about: what type of documetn is to be assigned and why can you not just use CG54/Cg50 approach ?

Quite interesting topic which you have asked for. Thanks to Tarun once again highlighting the options

C.B.

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks C.B

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks you all,

I have sufficient information to move ahead.