cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in mass load of Classification data in MDG through FILE UPLOAD only

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Has anyone worked on a scenario where we need to mass load the classification data of Materials through “File Upload” feature in NWBC.

Though, SAP has provided us 2 entity types  i.e Characteristic Valuation (Classification) and Class Assignment (Classification) for upload, but they are not sufficient enough to load the classification data completely.

The process for loading the classification data are listed below:

1. Upload the class type and class information for the existing materials using the entity type “Class Assignment (Classification)” for upload. PFB the screenshot for available attributes for upload:

2) Then upload the characteristics values against the already loaded class types and classes for the related characteristics descriptions fields of the materials using the entity type” Characteristic Valuation (Classification) “ . But the issue here is that in the list of attributes for this entity type, we don’t have any field such as Class name or internal class no. so that we may load the characteristics values for those specific class names.

Also, there are 2 Internal Char No attributes above ( Internal Char No and Internal char no), Please let me know if they are correct or mistyped by SAP or if one if them is internal class no which I am looking for,

Please let me know if I am missing any point while performing upload or if my approach is wrong.

Any inputs would be very helpful for us.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam

The characteristic valuation is never done specific to one class. So the class information in the entity VALUATION would not make sense. Check the backend classification functionality: If you have a char. COLOR, assign it to two classes and assign both classes to the same material, you'll only get one COLOR in the classification screen, not one COLOR per class.

Secondly, classification is a very powerful and generic tool, which unfortunately also reflects in the naming. If you want a better understanding which backend field (table AUSP) maps to which model fields, you could have a look at the MDGM structure for char. valuation /MDGMM/_S_MM_PP_VALUATION and the labels for the data elements. You'll find that "Internal Char No." is indeed the ID of the characteristic, whereas "Internal char no." belongs to user-defined data types.

The two fields "Alternative unit" are indeed hard to hold apart...

Best regards, Ingo Bruß

0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you also let me know If I can import Classification data in.CSV file format  using File Import option of MDG.

NOTE: We want to upload the file from local machine(desktop) and not from the application server layer.

While using File Import method, how can we upload the file from local machine as it asks for the logical path directory as per the below screenshot.

To achieve this, do we need to go-to transaction FILE and assign the logical path to the physical path, then can we upload the file from the local machine or the File Import is only meant for loading the files (.CSV or Idoc-XML) from APPLICATION SERVER layer only?

We also tried using the old Web UI application MDG_FILE_UPLOAD_CMP to load the .csv file from local machine, but its only limited to Material Data upload and not meant for Classification data upload.

Is this true?

Any inputs would be really very helpful.

Regards,

Satyam

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Well, from a governance point of view, it's not really best practise to load any material data from any frontend file. But that's of course slightly off topic...

I'm not aware that "the old Web UI application MDG_FILE_UPLOAD_CMP" can't load CLFMAS IDoc XMLs. Did you try it? What errors did you witness?

Regards, Ingo

Answers (0)