cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to pick functional location from drop down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing few errors in all the flavors created for transaction code IW21. Following are errors, observations and inconsistent behaviors with reference to ECC backend.

1. The value selected from search help is not getting filled in functional location field

2. It appears that enter button is getting pressed while selecting value from search help and data in all other fields disappears.

3. Some of the fields on this flavor are mandatory. If all mandatory fields are filled manually before selecting functional location from search help then transaction is posted successfuy without any problem.

4. The date also can not be picked from drop down/date picker.

5. Search help is working fine for other flavors. For example ME2L transaction where there is no mandatory field on the screen.

Please let us know if any one of you have experienced such behaviors with your flavors. Any pointer is highly apprecuated.

Thanks & Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Such behavior is usually related to tab caching. Required fields and tab caching don't play nicely with each other.

Mandatory fields will force a certain sequence in screen processing and tab caching tries to click on each cached tab before the screen is rendered. The required field check will kick in when a new tab is selected for caching by the flavor and you get the 'Enter required fields' message.

As for the disappearing fields, my guess is that these are the ones that were moved from other tabs to the one with the required fields. The flavor was not yet able to complete the tab caching and so these fields will not be displayed until the required field(s) are populated. In such case, the tab caching indicator will be red.

I cannot offer a good solution to this issue other than not to cache/merge tabs with required fields.

To know it for sure what's going on, the actual flavor should be analyzed but these would be my first thoughts.