Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Establish connection

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create a Datasource to connect to sybase IQ and below is the error I see. Please advise.

Note : I can able to connect to the data source using sybase central, dbsolo and even in the test says success in odbc administrator.

Thanks

RUC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try entering the IP Address of the database server you are connecting to in the Hosts file in your laptop/pc. I recently had a colleague face this problem with connecting to a repository database and this resolved the issue. It might work for the datastore too.

Remember you should place the hosts file without any extension. It is usually a read-only file. So save a copy to your desktop or some other folder upon adding the IP Address and server combination. Then copy this file over to the \etc folder where the hosts file is located by choosing the "Copy and Replace" option.

kind regards

Raghu

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using a DSN using ODBC, you can define the datastore as an ODBC datastore itself instead of Sybase IQ as the database type.

kind regards

Raghu

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note that defining as ODBC may have a negative impact on performance.

DS rules for pushing down SQL to the underlying database depend on the database type. It's obvious pushdown support for fully-owned databases is much better than for generic ODBC.

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think this might be the issue with the driver. Below is the error I see when I click on the configure.

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this issue is because the SYBASE IQ Client is not installed properly on your pc/laptop. Try installing/re-installing the client software which should resolve the odbc driver issue.

kind regards

Raghu

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Raghu,

Yes you are correct, Sysbase IQ installed on my PC is 32 bit and DS  & PC is 64 bit.

Issue is resolved now.

Thanks for the support gurus.

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. Please mark the correct answer so that this chain can be clsoed.

kind regards

Raghu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

titto_antony
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Take task manager and look in the process name column. If you’re using a 64-bit version of Windows 8.1 or 8, you’ll see “(32-bit)” after each name of a 32-bit program. If you’re using a 64-bit version of Windows 7, you’ll see “*32″ instead. In the below example AL_designer is 64bit installed in 64-bit version of Windows 7

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am using window 7 , 64 bit.   Please advise

titto_antony
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So your designer is 64 bit. so you need to create a DSNconnection in the 64bit ODBC Administrator

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please send a screenshot with the advanced options of the datastore?

kind regards

Raghu

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Raghu,

Please find the attachment below

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For the error you are getting it looks like the DSN is not defined on the client computer from which you are trying to establish connection. You would have to define the ODBC DSN on the computer from which you are trying to connect to the SYBASE IQ.

You would also need to define the DSN on the jobserver in order for the data retrieval to happen during runtime.

kind regards

Raghu

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Raghu,

ODBC is configured successfully on local machine. I verified with admin on the server too.

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In this case can you check the version of the BODS and the ODBC. Do ensure that both of them are of the same version 32-bit BODS Client and 32-bit ODBC driver or 64-bit BODS Client and 64-bit ODBC driver.

Can you please check whether this is the case?

kind regards

Raghu

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Where can I check the version of Data Services ??

My Local machine is a 64 bit but not sure about the Data Services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Control panel > All programs

or from the designer help> about data services

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A 64-bit ODBC screen wil llook like below

If you have a 32-bit Data Services client and a 64-bit windows OS, then you can access the 32-bit ODBC via the system32 folder in C: of your windows installation.

The 32-bit ODBC screen can be opened by double clicking on the odbcad32.exe file. The 32-bit ODBC windows looks like below

As you can see the difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit ODBC windows is the (64-bit) text.

kind regards

Raghu

former_member208363
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Re-enter the same user name and password in central and local repositories and datastores.

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am still bit confused on the replies. Please add your comments below.

I might be wrong.

1)  I don't see whether a 64 bit DS in both About and Program files.

2) My local system is 64 bit OS and I don't see any 64bit ODBC , I think the default it the 64 bit I guess.