Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measure conversion in CO-PA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

My client "foods industry" sells the materials using unit of measure CAR & BOX

CAR = 12 BOX

The requirement is during using a CO-PA report the system should make a conversion from BOX to CAR

for example:

sales order with 10 CAR

and another sales order with      6 BOX

so during co-pa report the system should display in the sales Q column 10.5 CAR

i know about the standard unit of measure in T.code: KE4MS

but the issue is that i have only one quantity field in the operating concern, and it can't be assigned to it self in KE4MS to use UOM car

what is the best solution for the above? and if i'm going to add a new quantity field in CO-PA, is it required to run KE4S (regenerate CO-PA documents)

Thanks and Regards

Ahmed Samir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

Please check if the below thread helps.

Regards,

Sumti Bhadani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumti ,

Thanks for your quick respond, could you please tell me the use of T.code: KE4MS?

and if any change in operating concern should i regenerate the co-pa documents again?

regards,

Ahmed samir

suryavarma_co
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

KE4MS is used in similar kind of requirements like yours. What the system does is, it used another Value Field to store one Single UOM. While posting the system will check for such UOM Conversion in the Material Master and then post.

If you are going to use KE4MS then you need to add another Quantity Field and then regenerate the Operating Concern.

Using of KE4S is your choice based on the data you have in your system. if it is less go ahead, but if it more...i would prefer not to use it.

Best Regards

Surya Varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Surya,

really appreciate it.

i have another question

1- so during preparing the CO-PA Report in ke35 , which quantity value field should i choose to display      the sales quantity (what i have now is only one the standard "ABSMG")?

2- if the data already posted in CO-PA is large, is there is a better way to adjust/update the already posted values in co-pa document without KE4S ? (another solution)

thanks for your assistance

regards,

Ahmed Samir

suryavarma_co
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

For Q1 : You need to use the other Qty Value Field that you give in the "Quantity" field of KE4MS.

For Q2 : I see no viable workaround for the requirement other than KE4S, if your client insists on retrospective effect. What counts now is your ability of the "Consultant" in you to convenience the client, if he rejects the proposal and insists on retrospective effect...then huge "testing is assured"

Best Regards

Surya

Answers (0)