Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry about SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I started my SAP Career 10 Years back. I worked as SAP functional consultant for 5 Years.

Now I am managing SAP Projects for the last 5 Years.

I want to move to SAP HANA can anybody tell me if it is possible for a functional consultant like me to  move to SAP HANA.

I do not know BI/BW Basis or ABAP.

Regards

Sandip

3 REPLIES 3

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What happens when we replace SAP Hana with another profession like... hairdresser or florist or lifeguard, or whatever.

Do you think that is possible?

The only problem you would have when switching a profession is the difficulty to persuade others that you're fit for the job, if in the 10 years prior you also never really worked in the same area it becomes even more difficult.

It's not impossible, switching careers is almost always possible.

Good luck!

Rob Dielemans

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're asking if it's wise to switch from 'Functional' / 'Management' to 'Bleeding Edge Technical'?

I would say not, unless you have always been a closet techie. And you have the relevant educational background.

It would be a jump into the deep end.

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a similar question :

until SAP ECC 6.0 the SAP implementation world ran around Functional consultants

let it be FICO, MM, SD or even CRM and SRM with help of ABAP and BASIS

with SAP S/4 what would be case ?

would there be ANY role for Functional consultants (to be honest for those who had only domain expertise no ABAP or BASIS knowledge)

what would be their roles in S/4 ?