cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can XI Talk to 2 different systems dynamically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where XI system has to talk to 2 different systems, depending on whether one system is up or not. For example, XI has to be connected to two different systems A and B. If A is down, XI will talk to system B, but whenever A is up, XI will talk only to A. And this transition will happen automatically. Given the prerequisite that A and B systems are lying in different message server groups, is such a scenario feasible in XI?

Awaiting your views.

Regards,

Amitabha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all those enlightening views! I have awarded points to you answers, but our problem is design is complete, and we are not in a position to change the design. So, from a system point of view, is it possible to achieve the above functionality?

Regards,

Amitabha

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK -- NO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if both ur design and configuration steps are done then i dont think its possible to do it now.even conditional receiver determination might not work i guess.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Thanks to all of you...I have finally been able to convince my senior that the situation is impossible...thanks again for all the helps pointing to the right areas.

P.S: Himadri, you get 10 here..as you were first to point out the impossibility.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Amitabha

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amitabha,

Many Thanks,

Himadri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitabha,

use BPM.

a)Design a send step to system A. In this send step set an system exception handler

b) design a exception branch to catch the system exception from a)

b.1) BPM jumps automatically into b) when system a) is down; so you can design a send step in b) to send to System B

Regards Mario

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amitabha,

You can use BPM.. from BPM you can send a dummy message to System A to receive a +ve acknowledgement (transport) ... if not then send to system B.

You can check you system A to see if it can send a status(if running) to XI...

Thanks,

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding further to what himadri has already added....In the BPM send step to System A , put a system exception and in the exceptino handler send to system B...

The addition to himadri's suggestion is that we can avoid the dummy send step and use the actual send step itself to see if the system is down or not...

Thanks,

Renjith

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes yes..

Absolutely.. there is no need of a dummy step ....:-)))

Thanks for pointing that..

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitabha,

Yes,XI can talk two different system.

The Receiver determination will allow you to specify the number of Recievers who want to communicate with Xi.

Sender system-->xi-----> System A

-

> System B

Pleas let me know if you have any queries..!

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Message was edited by:

Chandu