Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors on designer.

former_member214071
Participant
0 Kudos

Good day everyone.

Yesterday and suddenly started to show these errors on designer.  The jobs executes ok, but its pretty weird since each time I edit an object appears this kind of messages.

Any idea what would be the cause of this problem.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The query transform does not seem to have any fields. You should atleast have the field "surrogate_key" defined in the Query transform with the same datatype definition as the field surrogate_key field in table IQ_DS.dba.IQ_VENDEDORES.

kind regards

Raghu

former_member214071
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raghunathan,

I opened the query transform and errors to an undeclared variable, but that variable is declared globally.

However the job runs fine, these errors are just in design time.

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you open the dataflow from the local object library directly or did you open the dataflow within the job where the global variables are declared? If you validate the job that has the global variables with the dataflow in it, you wont get these errors. If however you opened the dataflow on it own from the local object library, the validation will throw these errors.

Also, if the query is going to connect to the key_generation transform, then it is better to initialise the column surrogate_key to null instead of value 0.

kind regards

Raghu

former_member214071
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raghunathan,

I'm running the designer application on my workstation and connected to the SAPDS server wich is running on another computer. I did opened the project as usual from the server, I believe the project and all its objects are stored on the server not on my workstation.

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is that the Catch is before the Script. Place the script before the Catch section and it will be fine.

The exception handling method try and catch combination must form the start and end of the flow respectively in the job (batch/realtime).

kind regards

Raghu

former_member214071
Participant
0 Kudos

I did place script before the try object but still same error, then I tried another job that has no try-catch nor scripts and the errors appears is:

Data is not available. Increase the time-out interval values in Debug | Options.

former_member214071
Participant
0 Kudos

Found the cause: in menu Debug - View Automatically  was checked,  unchecked it and no more errors.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (0)