cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while posting Customer with Multiple sales areas using DEBMAS05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are generating IDOCS vis SAP DS for posting Customer master. The message type used is DEBMAS and basic type is DEBMAS05.  we have a requirement to create 1 customer with multiple sales areas. However, we are ending up with a strange error:  "Fill all required fields SAPMF02D 0111 ADDR1_DATA-NAME1". Despite the IDOC going into status 51, the customer gets created and the 1st sales area too. the 2nd sales area however is not created!  The IDOC data definitely contains Name1, otherwise the customer would not have been created in the first place.

As the error message is related to the Address data, I also explored upon exploring this erorr further on the lines of Central Address management where in the ADRMAS and DEBMAS have to be passed together(IDOC Serialiization).  OSS Note (384462)  provides further details about this. One Important point from the note is: 

"As you have to specify the logical name of the sending system among other things, SAP is not able to make any default settings in the standard systems. When you use the serialization groups delivered as a standard by SAP, the address objects are imported before the master objects.Thus the sequence address data before master objects must only be adhered to if one of the following points applies to your application:

• Such fields are set as required entry fields that are only provided by the BAS in the Customizing of the customer or vendor master.
  • For your customers, contact persons exist to which a private address or a different business address is assigned.".

This is not the case in our situation, as we do not have required entry fields in customizing that are only provided by the BAS, so the error is all the more confusing and I am not too sure what the cause is.

If someone have experienced the same issue before and have found a solution to it, kindly help out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found the cause and solution to this problem.

This error ”Fill all required fields SAPMF02D 0111 ADDR1_DATA-NAME1” and other similar errors like “Fill all required fields SAPMF02D 0111 ADDR1_DATA-SORT1“ which occurrs during the IDOC posting when there are more than one sales area or company code occurs when the customer number range is set up for Internal numbering. This means, that the number gets generated only at the time of save and upon debugging the IDOC, we found out that after creating the customer and the first sales area/company code record, the segment E1KNA1M is cleared completely! This is the reason, it throws an error which points to a mandatory KNA1 field as missing. (Like NAME1, SORT1 etc.)

This was resolved by splitting the IDOC into 2.

The solution is to First post only the KNA1 segment and create the customer.

In the second step, pass the IDOC with all other segments along with E1KNA1M, but pass only KUNNR in E1KNA1M and the rest of the fields in E1KNA1M as “/”:  you would have got the KUNNR after the first step.

Important note: This requirement to split the IDOCs does not occur when the customer number is known upfront. (Meaning cases where the customer number is externally generated) I also tested this and created a customer with external numbering and I was able to post more than 1 sales area with the same IDOC. 

I noticed multiple threads with the same issue, but none of it had a concrete answer. I hope this information will be useful for anyone facing similar problems.

Cheers

Venkat

Answers (0)