cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on SAP EHS with SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any one have the business scenario or use cases related SAP EHS with SAP HANA.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see have a look at:

https://www.sap.com/bin/sapcom/en_gb/downloadasset.2014-01-jan-15-22.givaudan-streamlining-safety-an...

Is this in the direction what you are looking for?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes like this only. But exactly i need the SAP mentioned success story available in business use cases like

1.How SAP HANA helps to improve SAP EHS process on day today activity.

eg. SAP HANA fuzzy search improves some process in sap EHS like that i am looking for the business use cases.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you are asking, but PAM (Product Availability Matrix) shows the EHS solutions as "Ready for SAP HANA". PAM is accessible on SAP Service Marketplace.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mary

there are still rumors existing that "EHS" is not supported in HANA context. But as SAP ERP is supported in HANA context (If I check online help and other stuff). TRo my knowledge the support of HANA is done by SAP ERP EnhPack 6 (orlater); so the availibility depends on "Release"

But may be you could support community a little bit:do you know any kind of OSS note (or similar option) regarding this question:

Company is using standard set up (e.g. using an UNIX based OS, using Oracle as databaseand on the top SAP ERP)

Therefore. is there any kind of "migration" aspect to be followed if the company would like to enable SAP ERP in HANA context? I woudl assume that such OSS or similar whould exists; I would be very interested toget here some feedback from you

I different context of a different EHS dialog in this FORUM question was raised: what about teh benefits" if HANA is established in EHS context. Could you therefore answeer this quesition

1.) is there any success story available from SAP in context of onecomapny using SAP ERP with HANA in EHS context? If so: is there anykind of"public" document available which you could share to get some idea of "profit" gained by the company in using HANA in EHS context

If you check the FORUM (e.g. discussion with Marco Lange) from SAP) one "issue" in context of EHS is mainly "performance "in CG02; In this FORUM I am only aware if one "HANA" related input

E.g. I know this document:

and this one:

But discussion of use of HANA in EHS context is quite limited.

I hope that your are able to provide hints/links etc.

C.B.

PS: please make clear in your answer which type of "EHS" is suported via HANA. EHS classic and "Component Extenstion" and "SAP Product REACH and compliance suite and ..." or only a "subcombination"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Migrations and databases are too far beyond my areas of experience to comment on. I too am learning about this "readiness for HANA" topic. It is true that the readiness depends on the release, and that generally this means the latest or at least a recent release. This is why it is best to use PAM and look for the specific release so that you can understand what is possible. As an example, in the component extension x.x for SAP Environment, Health, and Safety Management, HANA readiness does not occur until the 3.0 release and then only with minimum of SP04 and with "EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 ON HANA or EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0." By the time you get to component extension 5.0, it requires EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 as the minimum anyway, and so it is HANA ready.

Regarding the benefits of HANA, I do not know of any specific enhancements that apply only to HANA, but it is my understanding that it will be faster. I am not an expert on every application within the EHS suite of products, so I encourage others who follow this forum to add their comments where they know of HANA benefits. I think that the decision to deploy on HANA is usually not specific to the EHS functionality, but is made at a higher level. If you move your ERP suite to HANA, it makes sense to move EHS applications as well. You also can get the subscription pricing model with HANA (but please don't ask me to explain the specifics - you'll need to work with your account team on this because I am not an expert on how that pricing works.)