cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earliest recalculation date for Time evaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone pls explain the the criteria  for  selecting a date to setup earliest personnel re-calculation for time evaluation (other than the go-live date). How often do we reset this date?  Reason why this question is asked- I happened to read somewhere that the earliest recalculation date for payroll is set annually once the previous year has been closed to avoid hectic recalculations. Is this a standard practice across organizations? Do companies reset the e.p.r.date for time evaluation too as they update  the e.p.r for PY? 

Thanks in advance

A. Neetu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason many companies decide to reset the EPR for PY annually is so that they can avoid unnecessary retro's into previous years since these companies close their books for previous years. In exceptional cases, or on case by case basis, they may allow retro on an individual employee.

However, this is not the case with Time Evaluation. Many companies never change the earliest recalculation date because it could tie with Quota accruals and other accruals/processes.

However, if the company has been running SAP for a long time, in my opinion, the earliest recalc date for Time Evaluation should be updated to 1-2 years prior so that we do not go in a retro for a long period... And again, if required, we could change the dates on an individual and process an individual manually...

Changing the earliest recalc date will ensure that we do not run a massive retro for all employees.

You can change the dates in IT0003 for mass of employees using report RPUTRBK0.

Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

The best practice says that earliest date for time evaluation would be the go live date and at the same time for Payroll also.

Because if retro comes it can't goes beyond this point because before that system was not present with live data.

So i think you are clear about your doubt.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the decision on what to use there is probably best determined on a client by client basis.  I think anyone can come up with different reasons as to why they set it as they do.  Such as in our case, where we don't actually have a date populated at all and a 1/1/2009 date for Payroll.  Now I'm sure there was a really good reason at one point as to why we did it this way but I doubt anyone truly remembers (maybe it's in a blueprint somewhere).  So, I'm going to chalk it up to it being a decision made by the consulting firm that helped us implement at that time. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Scott for the info that it is optional to set an e.p.r date for time evaluation. However, one qstn still lasts- how far back the system will run a recalculation if there is change in time data  for a date earlier than the recalculation date of payroll (in your case- 1/1/2009). How will it be  addressed in payroll.

Also pls get back to us if are able to find the reason why the e.p.r date was not set in your implementation. It will be worth a read..

Neetu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you try to make any Master Data change prior to the Recalc Date, then you get an error message. This means, you need to manually change the recalc date for that employee to allow the change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harshal