cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Older Version of SMD Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in the process of setting up new solman 7.1 sp12. As a part of managed system pre-requisites, setting SMD agents on the managed systems

Managed System - Dual Stack 7.01

I have installed newer version of SMD agent (Installed under SID : DAA) using SWPM and connected it to solman and it is working fine.

But i would like to uninstall the older version of SMD Agent (Installed Under SID: SMD) and it was not connected to any solution manager before.

when I use SWPM to uninstall the agent SMD, my older SMD directory didnt get recognized. On giving the profile location manually we got below error

"Cannot determine SAP system ID from profile directory /usr/sap/SMD/SYS/profile: SAPSYSTEMNAME not defined."

On examining we found DEFAULT Profile to be empty, So added below entries to my default profile

SAPSYSTEMNAME=SMD

OS_UNICODE=uc

system/type=SMDA

Then my SWPM recognized the instance SMD, so can we proceed further  ?

Regards.

Rajesh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Could you please close the thread if it is resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Jaskirat Singh

imaad_vasiq
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Please try launching the setup from  SMD agent installation package of current version of your SMD agent instead of SWPM and try to uninstall, I hope this way the Uninstallation should go smoothly.

Regards

IMAD

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Its not an good practise to uninstall the older version of SMD agent , SAP Recommends to Run scripts

Generally once we completes implementation , if you want any changes its better to run the SMD agent scripts

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

you can proceed with the same, once you go ahead with this it will show the details of of the diagnostic agent before uninstall  actual process gets started like instance no , agent SID.

Regards,

Jaskirat Singh

0 Kudos

Hello

I was facing the same issue,

I just followed the step listed by Jaskirat and my old SMD agent was unistalled

thank you for the answer

Romel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Romel,

Nice to hear that it resolved your issue.

Regards,

Jaskirat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would say "Yes, why not." If it recognizes the SAPSYSTEMNAME SMD, then it is related to it and there should be no problem.

Kind regards