Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oData service deployment error using Integration Gateway from SOAP

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using Integration gateway to deploy oData services and backend is SOAP web services where I have designed my data model manually and assigned a datasource also after that mapped both request and response for the data set and now when I try to publish on the SMP Server it shows following error :

But there is no error in the console of Eclipse I am using Eclipse Juno with SMP3.0.3 version .

I have followed this blog for the reference :

Please suggest what would be the root cause for this, is there any chance that due to data model definition there might be an issue.

Regards,

Fenil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just as a reference on what we did to achieve this error message,

When you configure the Webservice method,

we provide four parameters per operation while defining a request response, one of which is Namespace in which we add the targetNamespace field from the wsdl file. it is something like http://tempui.org/

If this error comes to people who are deploying the project, please look at this field as well.

It could be any url address but when you put this on the browser it should resolve into something.

Check with the Webservice team if you are facing this error.

they will help you fix this.

Just to be sure if it is the targetNamespace error, instead of your value put something like http://www.google.com by changing the datasource profile,and then try to deploy it.

If it succedds, then its the targetNamespace url error.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Rakshit Doshi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This issue is been resolved it was the namesapce in the wsdl which wasn't valid so I was not able to deploy the service and actual credit goes to for this as he pointed out this.

thanks for your support and prompt responses as well.

Regards,

Fenil.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As already said, it seems to a NETWORK related issue.

If time permits, you can try with Article Service example as given in your reference guide, if you still get the same error while deployment for this SOAP WS then you have to take help from local IT team.

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I think it is not Eclipse version issue not even Toolkit version as I have done both of them with fresh Eclipse version and Toolkit version and as suggested by you I will try to deploy the Article services also today itself and check that if that ain't working then I need to catch hold of the Network Guy.

Also had few inputs from as well for this.

Regards,

Fenil.

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I followed the steps you suggested and that Entity type can be created with fresh eclipse ans fresh set of tools and again I created new project and created new models did the binding after that I get the same error as in earlier project saying below message

and also find the eclipse error logs for your reference

Regards,

Fenil.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

I remember i faced similar error sometime back.

Can you cross check below points once again:

1. Check installed plugins latest version in Eclipse kepler  (Help menu >About Eclipse>Installation Details) It should be 1.1.3

API toolkit for SAP Mobile Platform

OData Modeler

2.  When you created a new project, you must have selected Target Runtime server as "SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP03 or lower" as you are working on SP03. Right?

3. Are you working on the same machine (eclipse installed) where SMP3 server is installed?

4. Can you just check if you have set any proxy details in SMP3 props.ini file under C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server by any chance?

Also, in eclipse, Windows>Preferences>Network Connections>Active Provider>Manual

Note: If possible, upgrade to latest runtime SP05 as it has many new features and bugs resolved wrt to IGW.

Regards,

JK

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

All the points verified below :

1. Yes all of them at 1.1.3 version

2 Yes I select Target Runtime server as "SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP03 or lower" and I am working on SMP 3.0 SP03

3. Nope I am working remotely SMP server is on separate machine

4. This I will confirm within short frame today itself.

5. I don't have any proxy issues as I able to ping the SMP server which is not available locally but remotely and also have registered 1 service with same

I will suggest that SMP upgrade to SP05 as well.

Regards,

Fenil.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

You should use Eclipse Kepler instead of Juno with SMP tools installed,

Unfortunately the blog you are referring is not updated.

Regards, Midhun

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

This error is coming because I am using the Juno version like I have deployed some other services also in that I wasn't getting such a kind of error.

Regards,

Fenil.

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

When I try to create an entity in the Eclipse Kepler with all the plugins installed it giver me below error and Entity is not created is there any other plugins required apart from which are available on https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/kepler .

!ENTRY org.eclipse.graphiti.ui 4 0 2015-01-10 02:46:26.137

!MESSAGE GFCommandStack.execute(Command) java.lang.NullPointerException

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.odata.dt.framework.model.editor.utils.ArtifactUtil.getNameForEntity(ArtifactUtil.java:1015)

at com.sap.odata.dt.framework.model.editor.factories.ArtifactFactory.createDefaultEntityType(ArtifactFactory.java:105)

at com.sap.odata.dt.framework.model.editor.patterns.EntityTypePattern.create(EntityTypePattern.java:130)

at org.eclipse.graphiti.pattern.CreateFeatureForPattern.create(CreateFeatureForPattern.java:56)

at org.eclipse.graphiti.features.impl.AbstractCreateFeature.execute(AbstractCreateFeature.java:100)

at org.eclipse.graphiti.internal.command.GenericFeatureCommandWithContext.execute(GenericFeatureCommandWithContext.java:64)

at org.eclipse.graphiti.internal.command.GFPreparableCommand.doExecute(GFPreparableCommand.java:37)

at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.RecordingCommand.execute(RecordingCommand.java:135)

at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.EMFCommandOperation.doExecute(EMFCommandOperation.java:119)

at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.execute(AbstractEMFOperation.java:150)

at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:513)

at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.impl.WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.doExecute(WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.java:208)

at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:165)

at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:219)

at org.eclipse.graphiti.internal.command.CommandExec.executeCommand(CommandExec.java:85)

at org.eclipse.graphiti.ui.internal.command.CreateModelObjectCommand.execute(CreateModelObjectCommand.java:54)

at org.eclipse.graphiti.ui.internal.editor.EmfOnGefCommand.execute(EmfOnGefCommand.java:54)

at org.eclipse.graphiti.internal.command.GFPreparableCommand2.doExecute(GFPreparableCommand2.java:37)

at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.RecordingCommand.execute(RecordingCommand.java:135)

at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.EMFCommandOperation.doExecute(EMFCommandOperation.java:119)

at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.execute(AbstractEMFOperation.java:150)

at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:513)

at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.impl.WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.doExecute(WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.java:208)

at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalC1ommandStack.java:165)

at org.eclipse.graphiti.ui.internal.editor.GFCommandStack.execute(GFCommandStack.java:138)

at org.eclipse.graphiti.ui.internal.dnd.GFTemplateTransferDropTargetListener.handleDrop(GFTemplateTransferDropTargetListener.java:55)

at org.eclipse.gef.dnd.AbstractTransferDropTargetListener.drop(AbstractTransferDropTargetListener.java:183)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.DelegatingDropAdapter$3.run(DelegatingDropAdapter.java:211)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.DelegatingDropAdapter.drop(DelegatingDropAdapter.java:209)

at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DNDListener.handleEvent(DNDListener.java:90)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1081)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1066)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:778)

at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DropTarget.Drop(DropTarget.java:456)

at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DropTarget.Drop_64(DropTarget.java:392)

at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DropTarget$3.method6(DropTarget.java:260)

at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COMObject.callback6(COMObject.java:119)

at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COM.DoDragDrop(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DragSource.drag(DragSource.java:363)

at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DragSource.access$0(DragSource.java:289)

at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DragSource$1.handleEvent(DragSource.java:172)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:140)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:611)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)

and No Entity is created in the oData model file.

Regards,

Fenil.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you check if you are able to see below installed software with latest version 1.1.3 ?

API toolkit for SAP Mobile Platform

OData Modeler

Help menu >About Eclipse>Installation Details

I would like to see the screenshot of the error.

Regards,

JK

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

Is this error happening when you are setting the data source or while creating entity you are facing this error? Could you provide the screen shots and steps you followed.

Regards, Midhun

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

The error which I have posted on the main thread comes in Eclipse Juno then as per Midhun's Suggestion I should be using kepler version of eclipse instead juno with the latest version of toolkit installed so I switched to Kepler and insatlled all the new components in that please find the below image for reference

After that I created SAP Mobile oData Implementation project and created oData model manually where in when I try to create an entity type it gives the error in Error Log and no entity is created

Not sure what is the issue

Regards,

Fenil.

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

This error I get when I try to create Entity Type in oData Model file I haven't reached to the step where we assign data source the entity itself is not created when I drag drop the entity type otion form Object type it throws an error an no entity type is created . The steps I followed is I created new sap mobile oData implementation project and added oData file manually after that I started designing my own model for that I went to create Entity type from Objects section available in oData Perspective there no entity is created and error is displayed in the error log and further I can't do anything as I am not able to design the oData model itself. Please find the below image for reference.

Where in before your suggestion I was using Eclipse Juno there I was able to do everything without any issues but when I try to deploy the service on SMP server it throws an error saying Deployment cannot be completed for ServiceProjectName and no errors are displayed after that I instantly switched to Eclipse Kepler as per your suggestion and started the oData modelling with the new version of API Toolkit as in Juno I was using GWPA.

Regards,

Fenil

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

I can see few GWPA related plugins in Eclipse kepler as per your screenshot. Is it possible if you can remove these highlighted one?

If you still see the same issue, i suggest you to download a fresh Eclipse kepler (Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers | Packages) and then try to add "SAP Mobile Platform Tools" as per this blog.

Regards,

JK

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

With respect to your previous error "deployment can not be completed for Bookings1" , you can check below point:

Are you accessing SOAP WS URL through a proxy server? (check in a browser if you have set any proxy), if yes, have you set same proxy in Eclipse juno and SMP server as well?

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I will try to remove those or else will proceed as per you suggestion will download fresh eclipse and install all the tools and will start the data modelling and let you know the results.

Regards,

Fenil.

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not accessing SOAP WS through a proxy server I checked that also I have registered 1 service before this and I didn't faced any issues on that and am able to access that other service also after that I went for second Service implementation project and after I have completed the whole development when I try to register the service on SMP server it throws this message and I don't find any errors in the error log as such so My guess is also that it is related to Networks but not proxies as I have already uploaded 1 service on SMP Server.

Regards,

Fenil.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

You may try again in eclipse juno and deploy the project. You can check the eclipse error log for more details...

Open eclipse and navigate to:

Help > About Eclipse > Installation Details > Configuration > View Error Log

Alternatively you can find this log in your-workspace-folder\.metadata in a file called ".log"

Rgrds,

JK

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Midhun,

This has nothing to do with Kepler or Juno

Thanks,

Rakshit Doshi

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakshit,

How could you say that the question in the main thread has nothing to do with Juno or Kepler ? The OP clearly mentioned that he was using Juno, but Juno should not be used no more. He has used Kepler to solve on of the error mentioned in the main thread.

Fenil doshi says,

This error is coming because I am using the Juno version like I have deployed some other services also in that I wasn't getting such a kind of error.

Regards, Midhun

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Midhun,

I tried it on Eclipse Juno the same web service and also the OData Model Toolkit version 1.1.0.

It gave the same error because of the targetNamespace issue. I changed it to http://www.google.com and it deployed.

So i told that its irrelevant of the version of Eclipse.

You are correct. The use of Juno is deprecated but we just wanted to make sure whether it was due to the version or due to the parameters

Thanks,

Rakshit Doshi