cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pageaxis Override usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Environment:  EPM10 NW SP15

I need company code to be derived from cost center user selection in my report.  I created pageaxis override cell with excel cell reference to another cell where i construct the value based on cost center selection.

Expected Behavior:  When user makes a cost center selection (EPMCONTEXTMEMBER cell) , COMPANY CODE page axis override reference cell ( in attached screen it is B10)  will automatically reflect the new Company Code  Hence report use the new value during expansion.

Observed Behavior:  Even after the new cost center selection is made, page axis over ride is still using the old value

Query:  What am i doing wrong. How to achieve the dynamic page axis over ride based on user selection of a different dimension member.

Attaching a sample case for clarity.  Appreciate suggestions.

Section 1 in attachment shows when the report is built

Section 2 in attachment shows when a different cost center selection is made

~Dilkins

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cecilia_petersson2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I think what you're doing should work, but it does take a Refresh for the parameters in the Olap Member to change. Dimension Override unfortunately doesn't work with page axis.

/Cecilia

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the key point here is that DimensionOverride or AxisOverride work only with column or row axis - not with page axis!

For page axis you can simply use reference in the EPMOlapMemberO formula to the cell containing member. Hope you are not talking about multimember selection for page axis!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim,

As you see in the attached screen, it is EPMOlapMemberO formula referring to the cell containing member.

The issue i am facing is, when the cell value changes based on a different dimension member(as clearly given in the attached screen) the page axis is still referring to old value.

Ex: After new Cost Center selection, excel function derives COMPANYCODE as CC_999

but the EPMOlapMemberO formula still behaves like CC_100 and the data submission is going to CC_100 intersection.

I don't need a multimember selection for page axis.

~Dilkins

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for some misunderstanding! In case you change the member using link you have to refresh the report before sending - just after change.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim.

You say ..."For page axis you can simply use reference in the EPMOlapMemberO formula to the cell containing member".

But if in this cell there are a =epmcommentfullcontext (....) formula ???. The EPMOlapMemberO formula doesn't refresh, always reatin previous values.

Thanks in advance,

Abel

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"The EPMOlapMemberO formula doesn't refresh, always reatin previous values." - incorrect syntax of EPMOlapMemberO!

Please read

And please, open a new discussion with some screenshots and clear explanation of your issues.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Vadim

Apologies I just post a new discussion with a clear explanation of my issue

EPMOlapMemberO formula to the cell containing E... | SCN

Regards,

Abel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhagyesh_ravange
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also is it that after refreshing again it is taking correct member? Means after changing the context you have to refresh again and then it is taking correct member.

bhagyesh_ravange
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

Can you try through EPMDimensionoverride

Regards

Bhagyesh Ravange