cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Backups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

We have an MDM 7.1 SP 12 system installed on SQL 2008.

We wish to backup the system so that in case of a crash a DB restore should suffice...

We don't use the Archive/Unarchive method for repo backups.

Thus, as a backup strategy:

1. Do we need to schedule each repository's DB/Log backup using the Management Studio (this would also keep the log growth in check ?)

2. Is there an easier way to go about this...since each repository makes 2 DB's.....

Please help advise...

Thanks a lot !

saba.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the great replies !

If we use the Archive method via MDM CLX, what about the native SQL DB's...would the log growth stay in check ?

Also; since we'd like to schedule daily backups, the DB backup would be the best bet.

In this case, I assume we'd have to backups all the DB's for each repository (i.e. 2 DB's per repository + the A2i DB) ?

In case of a system crash, would restoring all these DB's via SQL suffice ?

Please advise...

Thanks a lot !

saba.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saba

Yes, you have to restore the DB, how you are taken the backup in the same way you have to restore.

In my experiences we have maintaining the MS Sql DB more then 10 instances(BI,EP,PI & Solman landscapes). Last five year we have restored the Sql DB of Solution Manager during upgrade time. and time to time we are checking the backup media as QA policy.

We are using Symantec Backup Exec to take all the 10 instances MS Sql DB & SAP instance.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Thanks a lot for the replies !!!

SRM-MDM backup strategy (as confirmed by SAP):

1. MDM CLIX daily backups

2. Config export whenever there are changes

3. DB level backups when there are data loads

In case of a crash, we can re-install the system & un-archive the

repository & import the config via the UI.

Thanks a lot !

saba.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The SAP note 1541282 - To Archive or to Backup MDM repository is speaking about the backup options for the MDM systems.