Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner - Payment Terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please assist me on following issue.

What are the possibilities available in BP master data to accommodate more than one payment term ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pedro_magueija
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

The Payment Terms in the BP master data is the default payment term used in transaction with the BP, meaning B1 will select this automatically for you. However in any transaction you can change the payment terms.

As an example if BP as Payment Terms in master data of 10 days, when creating an invoice this will automatically be selected, however you can change it in the Accounting tab.

The same applies to the SDK.

Best regards,

Pedro Magueija

View Pedro Magueija's profile on LinkedIn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your advice.

The reason why I asked previous question is, if we take Supplier A , he has more than one payment term, but those are pre approved. Depending on the situation we will select the correct one. for that we should have incorporated more than more payment term for one BP

pedro_magueija
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

I'm not aware of this functionality being available "natively" in B1. However, you can achieve it by storing the approved payment terms for a BP in a table and using an addon (or the SP_TransactionNotification) to check if the document being added is using an approved payment term.

Best regards,

Pedro Magueija

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pedro,

Can you kindly elaborate your previous answer please

pedro_magueija
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

You can create a UDT that stores the BP id and the approved payment term id. You (or the users in charge of creating the BP, or even an addon) will have to populate this table with the appropriate data.

Then when creating an invoice (again you can use an addon or the SP_TransactionNotification which is a stored procedure where you can perform checks and allow/reject a transaction) you can check if the document (invoice in this case) is using a payment term id which is not in the previous table (in this case you would reject the transaction).

Best regards,

Pedro Magueija