cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add UDF to table once it's replicated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I’m currently working on setting up database replication (transactional) on a MS SQL Server 2012 for a customer . After setting up the replication, SAP B1 fails on creating a new UDF. I get the following error: "SBO.UdfException: Error adding UDF: BOY_MAIN_DB in table: BOY_D4_CONFIG (-2110 - SQL Server limitation for row data length (8060 bytes))"

The error occurs both when creating the UDF using the SDK and manually in SAP B1. I tried to add the column (UDF) using SQL: ALTER TABLE [@BOY_D4_CONFIG] ADD [BOY_MAIN_DB] nvarchar(254). Please note that I'm aware of that this it is not allowed, I simply did it to see if it is MS SQL Server that is throwing an error or SAP B1. It was possible to add the column using SQL, which indicates that the error is not coming from MS SQL Server, but SAP B1.

Using the MS SQL Server Profiler, it looks like SAP B1 is executing several stored procedures, before trying to add the column. It seems to me like the procedures execute some sort of validation, whic h in the end makes the creation fail.

Have any of you had the same issue? Is there a work around for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Micha,

What is your SAP Business One Version?

Best Regards,

Antonis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've tried in SBO v. 8.82 PL 11 and 9.0 PL 11.

Best regards

Micha