cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis for Office (32Bit), Windows 7 (64 Bit), HDBODBC32 connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

as title mentioned, we use Windows 7 (64 Bit) and MS Office 2010 (32 Bit). I want to connect with Analysis for MS Office (we use the latest Patch 10 from decemder 2014) and Hana directly - the local Option.

I read the blogs and and .

I installed the HDB Client and then I make a ODBC connection in the Administration Console from Windows. As mentioned I use the 32 Bit one with the prompt " %windir%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe " in the comand line. After this I follow the steps to create a new ODBC Connection. I wondered because I didn't had the option HDBODBC32 - so I choose the SAP HANA for MS Excel Option. I tested it with the option connect and all works fine. Then I startet Analysis for Office and skip the first Option so I get the local mode to connect a SAP BW oder even HAN. But my Connection I created is still missing.

When i try this with the 64Bit Version of the ODBC it works in the ODBC Administration console and when I start Analysis I see the HANA connection, but it didn't works because this is the wrong ODBC connector (64Bit)

I'm frustrated, because I just tried the connector with Design Studio, and the 32Bit ODBC Connector is displayed and it worked all fine.

Does anybody can help?

In attach you can see the screenshots from the ODBC Administration Console.

Regards Toni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

Is your Analysis Office 32 bit or 64 bit?

If Analysis Office is 64 bit then install 64 bit HANA Client otherwise install 32 bit HANA Client

Install same HANA Client Version or higher version as your HANA DB version.

Your screenshots show HANA Client for Excel driver and do not show HANA Client Driver.

Please check the below screenshot that shows HDBODBC32 driver as HANA Client 32 bit is installed.

HANA Client for Excel is separate from this as shown below.

You have to create ODBC source using this HDBODBC (64 bit) or HDBODBC32(32 bit) driver

Then sources are seen as below.

Once ODBC source is created then you can connect Analysis Office to HANA:

The source that you have created are using Client for Excel driver that is why excel connection is working and Analysis Office connection is not working.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

thanks for the fast reply. My collegue have a wrong naming of install ordner (so I install 64 Bit) - so I had to download the right 32bit client on hana (and then extract the sar file) and now it works.

Otherwise - thanks a lot.

Regards Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

where can i find that 32bit driver?

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barnaby,

look at that discussion:

Regards,

Florian