Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict price change of imported material

former_member475526
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear consultants,

As we know that soon the purchase order is created, the system adopts the info record price as default value if info record is maintained  earlier for combination of material and vendor but the system is allowing to change default value as per user requirement.

Client requirement:-

1. For imported material such price should not be edited by any users while creating PO ( by means we need to make such price field as non-editable field)

Assessment:-

1. Hence I have tried out in standard setting to do so, but could not.
  2. Functionally, I have made logic that if the material group is “ Import-RM1” in PO, the system should grey the field of price so that user will have any any chance to edit the same.

Kindly let me know where i can put such logic or other methods to deal above points.

Regarding

Praveer

Subject was edited by: Jürgen L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveer,

There are two way you can do this process.

1. Kindly create new document type for this import activity and make the net price field as Display.

(Or)

2. Put enhancement with material group in the following BADI "ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST".

Regards,

Karna J

former_member475526
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Karuna,

I am agreeing with Point number (2) , so could let me know step from where i can get such BADI as mentioned by you.

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveer,

Kindly ask your ABAPer's to use this BADI during PO creation, Inform them to check in-run time whether the value coming from info-record or not with the material group combination.

If yes then the PO price field should be display, if no then it should be open for manual feed.

Kindly communicate the same to your technical person and it is small enhancement only.

Thank You....

Regards,

Karna J

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The import purchase can be well identified at header level itself by vendor number (and vendor country) and usually there will be a different pricing procedure for import purchase if you are supporting Indian client. In this case, you can very well propose a different document type for import purchase and maintain a different field selection group for the new document type. Maintain the net price field as noneditable for the new field selection group.

If its a different pricing procedure and different gross price condition type, then you can even maintain the gross price condition type as "no changes possible" in M/06 as shown below:

Please test the scenario and revert back. If required, you may go for a different condition type for gross price by copying PB00 also.

If you still want to proceed with same document type, then you have to check the feasibility of development. You may check whether a custom routine in VOFM (and assigned to the gross price cond type in pricing procedure) can fulfill your requirement. Please check the same with technical team.

Regards,

AKPT

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this if you have different PO document type for Import to which the field selection group will be different like NBF. You have to maintain the field selection for that particular group in below path

MM-Purchasing-Purchase order-define screen layout at document level.

here possible to make the fields as Required entry, Optional entry and Display. in your case make the Net price as Display only for that particular field selection group which is assigned to Import PO doc type. otherwise you can create new field selection group also.

Br

Deepak

former_member475526
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

praveer patro wrote:

Kindly let me know where i can put such logic or other methods to deal above points.

In Badi ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST with the help of ABAPer.

As of my knowledge, Material group wise field selection is certainly not possible in standard configuration. Field selection can be set with regards to T-code, Document type, Item category with standard configuration.

former_member475526
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Offering points is not allowed in SCN. We are not helping you for points.

We are here to help you for your issue.

Now coming into your statement, a functional consultant can't give you the steps for the coding. You need to consult with your abaper. A functional consultant only can give you the logic to do that (which is quite clear here). So you just need to consult with your abap team.

former_member475526
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Patra,

Yhanking you for your suggestion which i will take care at uttermost.

Now coming to your justification , if you can tell me that what are steps of transactions, then that it would be help for me to understanding for analysis of the same.