cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services to cleanse and harmonize spend data to UNSPSC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a requirement to cleanse invoice and master data using data services then do analysis on it. For the cleansing part of master data, do i still need SAP MDM? Or would data services suffice.

I'm looked into the optimized supplier spend reporting and it is recommending a combination of DS and MDM. But then the article is created on 2009. There might be a better practice today.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Severin and I believe Data Services should suffice to cleanse both your invoice and master data. There are a lot of transforms in Data Services tailored for cleansing and analysis for both, transactional and master data.

About the SAP MDM/MDG tool, although I am no expert, I believe it is used to maintain clean data in a live system than cleanse already existing/created data. For such existing data, using SAP Data Services would be a recommended approach.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Data Services is the perfect tool for cleansing Invoice and Master Data but if it is used along with Information Steward it would be really helpful.

The below link will explain this

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/How+Data+Services+and+Information+Steward+complement+each+o...

Regards

Arun Sasi

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paulo,

I never used SAP MDM, but in my opinion you could do every validation and cleanse with the DS.

For example you could make pattern validations with the Validation Transform or cleanse addresses with the Data Quality Transforms.

In addition you can create custom functions and custom validations to validate or cleanse special data.

If this answer does not help, please give an example what you want to clean, because there are a lot of different kind of master data and invoice.

Regards

Severin

Former Member
0 Kudos

UNSPSC is a widely used coding stardard. I need to map the materials to this coding standard which is comprised thousands of entries. I can't seem to find the exact functionality of DS to use for this.