Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW with Batch Input : conversion time shows dump in standard LSMW program

former_member233553
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create Purchase order by LSMW Batch Input method, after assigning file, while trying to convert data system is showing short dump in LSMW standard program. I have made conversion of BLDAT, EINDAT, LIFNR this field element by Function Module already in my Conversion method step. I am also sharing the screen  shots. Please help me out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member233553
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

I am not so much habituated with LSMW.. can you please guide me in details.

9 REPLIES 9

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check in the dump the value of field l_progname.

If it is filled, then please check in SE38 or SE80, that this program has the SELECTION-SCREEN parameters:

• p_filept
  • p_trfcpt
  • p_packge
  • p_fromdx

And please check that this program has no syntax error !

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Have you seen my screenshots. actually syntax error is showing into LSMW program. but how it is possible it is system generated.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen both screenshots. They are looking identical, but the only information they give is, that there is something wrong with the SUBMIT.

So check the content of l_progname in your dump. And check this program in SE38/SE80 to have no syntax error and to have all parameters used in the SUBMIT.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaubs,

Thanks a lot helping me , yes I shall check.. and give you feedback dear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is probably in the previous (SUBMIT) statement. Put a break-point there and look at the parameters.

Also please share the nature of the syntax error.

(After re-reading the response from Klaus, I think that gives you all the information you need)..

Rob

Message was edited by: Rob Burbank

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Yeas I shall check and give you feedback.

former_member233553
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

I am not so much habituated with LSMW.. can you please guide me in details.

0 Kudos

Hi,

-> Go to your runtime screen in SAP -> click on Debugging as below

-> Then check all the below marked field values are passed correctly in debugging mode.

-> Take the the program name from l_progname variable from above step and goto SE38 transaction to check if any syntax error is there in the program.

-> Set the BREAK-POINT in conversion step and run your LSMW to debug.

0 Kudos

Thanks to Karun........A