Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple GR under One Process Order

former_member200568
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Happy new year to all.

Coming to the point, We are facing one scenario where we have to do GR (101) posting of more than one product in single process order.

Lets take following example:

We are manufacturing Bulk which is processed in Reactor & batch size is ( 17 ton ). Its filling time is 3 ton/hr . While filling Product it is observed that properties of bulk are affected as the filling time is above 6 to 8 hrs. Since filling capacity is limited up to 3ton/hr, Its property after filling 12 ton around getting changed, so the 40 % of bulk is not up to the mark for usage so it has to be posted under waste ( which will be worked off in other bulk or SKU ).

So the requirement is

1) Can we do Multiple GR under single Process Order ( so that we can differentiate Useful Filled bulk & Waste Bulk ( different BULK code ).

2) We need to create separate Inspection of both the bulk ( for Useful Bulk & Waste bulk ) so two IP will be created individually.

I have checked the Forum regarding above query but didn't found much helpful. I dont think it can be achieved through STD SAP.

Anyone tried to do above said requirement ? I have tried with Co-Product method, yield is affecting because of that.

Regards,

Deep Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

The best option is to use co-product itself. What do you mean by 'yield is affected'? You have already mentioned there are two material codes for useful and waste bulks. So, both the materials should be in bom as co-products and should produce the same.

If you want to declare the products as same material code, then you can try different batch options with normal production (not coproduct). Inspection can be activated for material-batch combination.

Still, the correct option seems to be co-product. Can you specify what's the issue with that?

Thanks

Prem

former_member200568
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

By means of yield loss, If i use waste bulk as Co-product than output yeild will be lesser than the actual. take below example,

let say my base qty for header bulk is 70.

So for every 100 KG of RM i will have yield of 70 kg only ( considering 30 kg i have taken as co-product ). So cost of bulk will also increase = 70 / 100 = 0.7.

One solution i provided was, Take two GR of same bulk. First One will be for OK bulk with IP assigned to it. & Second GR will be of Waste Bulk with separate Insp Plan assigned to it. We can take GR at different SLOC with same batch.

Only issue is User have to manually select IP for same bulk according to the condition of bulk.

or else one can directly take GR of header Bulk & create two more orders for Ok Bulk(A)  & waste bulk (B) & do posting accordingly.

How can we activate material-batch combination though ?

Regards,

Deep Dave.

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Firstly, to activate inspection material - batch combination, you can do the same from material master QM view. In the 04 inspection type, you can choose / configure the desired inspection controls, like below:

You have mentioned several other cases above.

If you use co-product, your yield (quantity) on the major material will be lesser, but the complete cost will not be incurred on the same. The order settlement will happen to both the materials. Just create a co-product scenario, create and order and go to Header->settlement rule. You can see both co-product items in the list. you can set 70% cost to one and 30% to another.

If the physical production (at the end) is 70%, then ideally you should follow the same process. There's no point in producing to 100% and then converting 30% from it.

Other option you have asked for is to create new orders after the actual GR. You can either do that, or create a trigger point on confirmation so that the new order is auto created upon confirmation.

If you want to continue with your current option, then just need to change the QM settings to create the inspection lots.

Thanks

Prem

former_member200568
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Prem,

I will check with your suggestion & revert to you what is the end results.

Regards,

Deep Dave