cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL Balances

aditya_bakshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi we have a trial balance report where we get debit and credit balance for the GL Accounts.Flow is based on datasource 0FI_GL_14.Most of the GL`s are matching with the FS10n T-Code in ECC but there are some accounts which are not matching.

On looking deep i found out that for some GL`s there are balances in 13th Period as well.While loading data to BW,we have loaded all 12 months period so how to get balances for this 13th Period??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aditya_bakshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Will talk with FI team over this and post in the thread for the solution.Thanks All

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya

Please check for these GLs do you have any transaction in system for the period 13. If yes then 0FI_GL_14 will surely bring it in unless you have given period restriction.

Please let me know what kind of data mismatch is coming in the 13 th Period

Regards

Gajesh

aditya_bakshi
Participant
0 Kudos

See For Ex:

GL Account AB

Balance till 2013--12th Period is 20

Balance till 2013--13th Period is 40

Now as cumulative balance will be there so for GL Account AB balance for Jan 2014 will be Balance till 12 2013 + balance of Jan 2014.

So it is not matching with FS10n as the balance of Period 2013 is not considered

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you will get the balances correctly if you are using 0FI_GL_10.

But please check whether Period 13 is valid for your reporting.

The balance value might be getting reported in 001.2014  instead of 13.2013.

Regards

Gajesh

aditya_bakshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Exactly the balance value should come correct in period 01.2014 but it is not taking the 13th period balance.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya

1) Actually it will be other way round.  The posting for 13th period will have  31.12.2013 as the posting period and there fore if you are deriving the period from the posting date it will get data in the month of dec 2013.

2) Also even if you have posting for 13th period, it will have equaling entries in both debit and credit for the Gl account and therefore your balance will have no impact.  I think you need to involve you FI guys in this case to check what is the actual balance.

Regards

Gajesh