cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement 340 Stock Valuation Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we have an issue where in the Stock in MMBE and Total Stock in Material Master - Accounting tab is different.

We found that this is due to Movement 340, were not sure if it used correctly but check the Material Document as Receiving Material is different to Material Entered and when we check the Total Valuated stock is move to Receiving plant but the Stock in MMBE is still there.

The batch used is not showing and not existing in Receiving Material which we can't reverse using the same Movement 340.

May we have your thoughts on this guy. I would like to know also the proper way of using the Movement 340, what should be the receiving material, batch, plant etfc.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

340 movement type is used for batch revaluation and it can be done only from MSC2N (in standard).

So I doubt hoe the receiving material can be different.

You must have done some changes for the movement type 340 (as like as allowed transaction).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our business have access to use MB1B transaction and in our test system we can do this movement as well and replicate the issue. Actually it much harder to understand how the MSC2N transaction can trigger the Movement 340 maybe our project done some customization to hide the Valutation.

Now the issue we have is how we can revert the movement, this movement have no reversal as far as SAP said. What happen is our some of Valuated stock is moved to Receiving Material but as the Batch nor the actually quantity is not moved (base in MMBE) we can do the Movement 340 again.

Now we are unable to GI due to negative Valuated stock in issuing plot. While the Receiving Material don't have any stock for specific plant but still have extra valuated stock in Material Master.

Hope you can further help us here, thank you!

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so that I can help you further.

Please wait for some time for some input from other experts.. If you don't get any reply, then I would suggest to raise an OSS ticket to SAP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The movement type 340 must only be used from MSC2N and never ever through MB1B or any other movement transaction

there was a wrong SAP delivered customizing  in the beginning of 46c release, SAP fixed this package, and all others had to correct this faulty entry by following the instruction given in OSS note 454261 - Movement type 340 not supported for MB11

you certainly need the help of SAP Support to remove this inconsistence