cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when using RFC Accessor Lookup Service in Load Balancing Environment

jon_storry2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Has anyone had any problems when using the RFC Accessor Lookup Service in a load balancing environment?

When I run the below code in our single server development and quality assurance environments it works fine, however when I run it in our staging environment, which has load balancing configured, it fails if both of the servers are on but if only one of the servers are on it works fine.

InputParameters inputParameters = container.getInputParameters();

Channel channel = inputParameters.getChannel(rfcChannelName);

RfcAccessor rfcAccessor = LookupService.getRfcAccessor(channel);

XmlPayload request = getXmlPayloadRequest();

XmlPayload response = rfcAccessor.call(request);

The error that we receive if both servers are on is:

Technical error when calling an adapter remotely. The HMI method with the ID process was called with an incorrect session status. The system accessor object is missing

Any ideas as to where I should start looking? We are running PI 7.11 and the code is called in the init method of the message mapping.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Please check the following for similar issue if it helps:

Have you configured the RFC CC with Load Balancing?

Defining a System with Load Balancing - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Are you able to do a Ping Channel test without any errors. Refer the following OSS notes if it helps

1954947 - Ping channel for RFC channels with enabled load balancing works incorrectly

730870 - FAQ XI 3.0/ PI 7.0/ PI 7.1/ PI 7.11/ PI 7.2/ 7.3 RFC Adapter

Regards,

Azhar

jon_storry2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

Thanks for the information.  I believe that the RFC CC is set up correctly for load balancing as most of the messages do go through successfully. If I cancel a hung message the ones waiting in the queue usually go through imediatly without issue.

I tried some of the suggestions that make sense in the first link, such as making a small change and re-saving the CC, but none of them worked.

As we are using PI 7.11 I wasn't able to ping the channel

I didn't see anything in the FAQ that would apply to my situation. Mind you I did skim it pretty quickly.  Was there anything in particular that you thought I should look at?

Thanks again,

Jon