cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generated javascript error bobj.crv.stateManager.setComponentState

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm unable to open reports in my Visual Studio 2010 project.  When loading the report, the code breaks on the following line of generated javascript:

error:bobj.crv.stateManager.setComponentState('ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder_PageBody_CrystalReportViewer_WarrantRequest__UI',eval('('+document.getElementById('__CRYSTALSTATEctl00$ContentPlaceHolder_PageBody$CrystalReportViewer_WarrantRequest').value+')'));

I'm using runtime engine Version 13.0.2000.0.  I have set web.config according to the directions in the developer guide and on this blog:

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="businessObjects">

<sectionGroup name="crystalReports">

<section name="printControl" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler"/>

<section name="crystalReportViewer" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler"/>

<section name="rptBuildProvider" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.RptBuildProviderHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null" />

<!--<section name="rptBuildProvider" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler"/>-->

</sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>

<sectionGroup name="crystalDecisions">

<section name="serverFileReportManager" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler"/>

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<businessObjects>

<crystalReports>

<crystalReportViewer>

<add key="documentView" value="weblayout"/>

<add key="EnableTextClipping" value="true"/>

<add key="maxNumberListOfValues" value="50"/>

<add key="UseBrowserLocale" value="true"/>

<add key="ResourceUri" value="~/crystalreportviewers13" />

<!--<add key="resourceURI" value="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ASP.NETClientFiles\crystalreportviewers13"/>-->

</crystalReportViewer>

<rptBuildProvider>

<add embedRptInResource="true" />

</rptBuildProvider>

</crystalReports>

</businessObjects>

<crystalDecisions>

<serverFileReportManager>

<add key="rootDirectory" value="c:\inetpub\wwwroot"/>

</serverFileReportManager>

</crystalDecisions>

I added the crystalreportviewers13 folder to the project under aspnet_client / system_web / 4_0_30319 / crystalreportviewers13.  (This was done automatically when I installed the runtime engine.)

I am running in Windows7 . .NET Framework 4. The build is for AnyCPU.

Thanks for any assistance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Try searching first, lots of info on that error. And be sure to be on SP 12.

Also, must install the exe on DEV PC, do not install just the redist package.

Must be VS Pro or above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!  Not sure what you mean by "the exe".  I installed CRforVS_13_0.exe.  I am using VS Pro and installed SP12.  I did search the error and fiund some useful posts but no resolution yet.  I'll continue to search.    This error doesn't produce a stack.

Answers (0)