cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to find some help on importing a Solidworks assembly file into VEA 7.0.2.65  . I am doing nothing different than normal typically everything transfers over fine except maybe some Solidworks Toolbox items. Currently however only a couple pieces are transfering over. Same pieces each time I try it. You can see as well the strange characters added onto the parts list. The other picture shows what the assembly should actually look like.

Also, tried to transfer into VEA 7.1.7.1 and again only certain parts(but different parts) transfer in. Same ones each time I try it. This folder is a Solidworks Pack and Go which includes the Toobox components.

Again this normally works fine not sure what the issue is any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richie,

Did you have a chance to examine the VEA error/warning log in the bottom right corner (see the pictures below)? It will open up a pop-up window if you double-click on it. This window usually contains messages that can help pip-pointing the issue. I suspect that in your case the issue is related to CAD import.

In case of solidworks, if you are using the "Load SolidWorks Solids" import mode (see import settings) the solidworks top level assembly file has to be updated and resaved in SolidWorks if any changes are made to its sub-assemblies or parts after it was last saved. This is required for VE reader to read the file correctly. Usually if some parts cannot be loaded, the error/warning window mentioned above will contain information about this. So you would need to re-open the file in SolidWorks, and then to force it to regenerate the cached geometry (one way of doing this is to re-activate the configuration, in SolidWorks 2013 there is an option that can be toggled to ensure this always happens).

Alternatively, you can try using the other import mode - QuickView - this will load whatever geometry was stored by solidworks at the time the file was last saved, but it will not pick up any changes to parts after the save happened.

If this does not help, maybe you can post errors/warnings from the dialog to this forum.

Regards,

Marko

0 Kudos

Hi Richie,

It is difficult to pinpoint the error based on screenshots. It could be translation issue, it could be an import setting issue, it could be a mixture of both or something different. Regardless, the version of VEA you are using is not up to date. I would recommending obtaining a copy of the latest version and trying it there. If the file continues to be a problem in the new version, please raise an incident in SAP Marketplace. Thank you.

Regards,

Kelvin