cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSS for Custom Components not being found in NetWeaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the design studio SDK to develop a set of custom components in Design Studio 1.4.  They contain both javascript and css files.  The components are working fine when running in local mode but when I run them on NetWeaver (v7.3) none of the associated CSS files are being found. All URL calls to pull a css file are returning 500 errors.  The logs are giving “Resource not found:” errors. None of my components are using images so I don’t know if that works but I do know that all the javascript files are coming across ok.

Does any one have any ideas I might try?

Thanks

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daniel_appelt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

we are facing the same issue. This seems to be a bug in the Netweaver Add-on. If you remove "com.sap.ip.bi.designstudio.nw.portal.resource/" from the URL given in the error you should obtain a working URL for the requested resource. So, there seems to be an error in how those URLs are build in the Netweaver Add-on.

Cheers, Daniel

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately yes, this was found and reported already - the correction for this is going into SP1 of release 1.4. I do not have the note yet for this correction, but it is scheduled into SP1.

Regards, Karol

daniel_appelt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Karol! This and the other issue referred to by Tammy leave me with the impression that there is no QA going on for new releases regarding SDK components?! Both of these issues are easily reproducible with our favorite excercise example of the colored box.

Cheers, Daniel

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

you can believe me, there is a lot of QA going on, and a lot of test automation with GIT / gerit.

We had until now 3 regressions (patch 1, patch 2 + this one) which were not found...

Not all cases can be tested in automated way, we just missed them - and this leads of course again to creation of new test cases by our QA.

I know, this is not good if something will go out - we try to reduce this, it is just incremental work and you can never retest everything.

for this issue, main test focus was BIP deployment and Mobi is another layer on top.

Karol

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David - did you see this thread from Patrick Mainka?

It might be a bug in 1.4; did you apply the Design Studio 1.4 patch released on December 19?