cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using non ECC vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have client request that they won't create the ECC vendor master record until the bidder has been awarded a contract in SRM.  We are using Extended Classic Scenario without PI, is following doable or any recommendation:

1.      Supplier self register through Ros
  2.      Buyer accepts and create local vendor in SRM (different # range from ECC vendor)
  3.      When a local vendor becomes “winner” of the contract/PO, manual creation in ECC for vendor master (this should be ext. # range, using the same # in SRM)
  4.      Vendor replication from ECC -> SRM (update) – we need to test if this works ?
  5.      Create PO/Contract in SRM then push to ECC

Thx,

Wendy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

As of after SAP SRM 7.0 EHP1, using business function- Supplier Collaboration: SRM_SUCO_1 you can automatically send vendors to ECC.

Now in your case if you deactivate it, this process becomes manual.

Where as you can create dummy/proxy vendor in SRM until that vendor becomes 'Winner', later you transfer vendor to ECC & replicate same in SRM as final vendor.

To change supplier in central contracts in SRM use transaction BBP_CTR_01.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

Thanks, this really helps !  Question for using SRM_SUCO_1, is PI required?  This is because we are in non PI environment.  Also, in my original question, does Vendor replication from ECC -> SRM (update) work?  What I would do is to create the vendor in ECC using the same vendor # in SRM, then replicate back to SRM, will that update the original local SRM vendor?  If this works, we can save effort by using dummy vendor then change it in central contract.

Your reply is appreciated.

Thx,

Wendy

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned you have ROS configured, isn't it with PI?

SRM_SUCO_1 has no relation with PI, it's about enhanced SRM functionality.

It's possible to update ECC vendors in SRM. BBPUPDVD transaction would help you in this regard.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

for the scenario mentioned by Vinay PI is required, it is used for the vendor transfer from ROS to ECC.

"Also, in my original question, does Vendor replication from ECC -> SRM (update) work?  What I would do is to create the vendor in ECC using the same vendor # in SRM, then replicate back to SRM, will that update the original local SRM vendor?"

Yes this is possible, but in a slightly different way. You can create your ECC vendor manually, and then you can edit the SRM supplier business partner and assign the backend vendor number on the  supplier data tab under link to backend system. This will create the connection between your SRM and ECC vendors via the VENMAP table. Afterwards you can use BBPUPDVD as usual to update the SRM vendor data from ECC.

regards

Zoltan

0 Kudos

Zoltan,

What you are suggesting may work technically, but would you consider this practice a best practice or a work-around in order to not create the ECC vendor.  Have you seen this done on any projects that you have been on?

Regards,

Paul

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

the described functionality of editing the vendor linkage has been provided in the application exactly for such cases when an existing ECC vendor and an existing SRM business partner needs to be linked together. Whether you call it as a workaround, or best practice this is the only option in the scenario described by Wendy (beside of editing database tables manually).

regards

Zoltan