Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Upgrade 7.02 Shared Java Applications component not upgraded

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just completed CRM 7.02 upgrade for Java and I verified that the shared java applications components are not upgraded. Please advise ASAP. In solution Manager I did not see this option.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Hope you are doing good.

For mySAP CRM 5.0 and later CRM releases the following JAVA components: sap.com/SAP-CRMJAV; sap.com/SAP-SHRJAV; sap.com/SAP-CRMWEB and sap.com/SAP-SHRWEB contain deployable archives and should be updated in case they are present on the system.

Further information can be found in Note 1583830. You can just use SDM and then deploy the latest patches.

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan/Hemanth,

Thank you for helping. Below components were not upgraded. These are not in XML generated by SolMan. I tried to search these components, I found only SAP_BUILDT for CRM 7.02, not sure why Solman did not pick this to upgrade in XML. The other CRM Java Web components and Shared web components exist only for CRM 2007. As per Hemanth, I should just use SDM right? These components are not for CRM 7.02? Please advise what to do for SAP_BUILDT.

SAP-CRMJAV

SAP-CRMWEB

SAP-IPCMSA

SAP-SHRJAV

SAP_SHRWEB

SAP_BUILDT

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kavitha,

If the components are not included in the stack file then they wont be updated during the patching process. MOPZ will automatically include the components if there is a dependency. In your case I believe you need to re-run MOPZ and add these components in a stack or download them and patch the J2EE stack using the SDM tool.

Cheers

RB

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kavitha, please see note 1027362 - JSPM does not patch SAP_BUILDT and EP_BUILDT.

Some SCAs (like sap-buildt) have no deployable content. These SCAs have only BUILDARCHIVES, but no DEPLOYARCHIVES folder.
This note will help you surely.

Regards,
hemanth

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth/Reagan,

My issue still exists. SAP advised to assign NWDI as relevant in SMSY for CDJ and also to create logical system name for CRM NWDI.

1602476 - Upgrade from CRM 7.0/NW70x to NW7.3 with modifications

Target is downloaded perfectly. But after preprocessing, I verified the resulting XML, NWDI is set as SYSTEM TYPE NWDI = FALSE. And those components will not be upgraded.

Components in BOLD will be upgraded.

By choosing free selection, I created NWDI logical system name but unable to assign CDJ to it.

I thought my issue is resolved when I have downloaded all target media. But the issue is, I reviewed the XML after pre-processing.....for SYSTEM TYPE NWDI = FALSE is there. I checked in MOPZ generated XML file, I cannot find NWDI as false. Please help ASAP.

You can see in above screeshots, for CRM higher version, there is NWDI to assign as relevant. But for CRM 2007, there is no NWDI to declare as relevant. Please help ASAP.

Thanks,
Kavitha Rajan.

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

My another question is the missed components in SBX, can I use JSPM? This is not stack upgrade, it is from crm 6.0 to 7.02 right? I also wonder, during upgrade of Java it only took target support pack files but never prompted for CRM 7.02 media (java components) as it did on the ABAP side (kernel and upgrade export DVDs). Please advise.

Thanks,
Kavitha Rajan.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Hope you are doing good.

Check the note 1595918 - Validation fails due to mismatch at software features.
What about the CVERS table contents? Are the usage types/ SCAs matching with the actual content?

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Of course. You can use the SDM tool and deploy the rest of the components.

The steps are:

1)

Set the SDM to standalone mode:

Changing SDM Server Modes - Using Java - SAP Library

2)

Deploy the SCAs. - Once the deployment is sucessfully finished, please restart the engine.

3)

Now put the SDM server back in integrated mode as :

Changing SDM Server Modes - Using Java - SAP Library

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hemanth,

SAP replied as per note 1602476 - Upgrade from CRM 7.0/NW70x to NW7.3 with modifications

"In the phase BUILD_COMPONENTS_LIST, the upgrade process automatically recognizes all existing files and assigns these accordingly. If files exist that have no successor, you can remove these or provide successor SCAs in the transport directory afterwards."

I have kept the downloaded SCA files in usr\sap\trans\EPS\In directory and also in the SUM directory. SUM never recognized these components and I proceeded all the way before execution. How do I manually add as per SAP? When I was doing portal upgrade atleast it showed me all the components list but this time nothing for CRM 6.0 and only from ProcessOverview.html, I am checking the results. Please advise. Also it takes only few minutes (5 min)to start Execution all phases running so fast.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Just got this:

BUILD_COMPONENTS_LIST

"

b. During the phase BUILD_COMPONENTS_LIST the upgrade process determines

the original SCAs from the start system and assigns them to the provide

d successor SCA files automatically. In case a successor could not be ca

lculated a different handling can be defined by the user:

i. Remove: for components not needed anymore

ii. Scan inbox ¡V successor SCAs can be provided in the inbox

#³ Follow up step: Rebuild component list
"

You can try this. Else once the upgrade is done, later deploy the rest if the files using telnet or any other tool if it is urgent (sap note 1715441 ).

Regards,
Hemanth

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hemanth,

ii. Scan inbox ¡V successor SCAs can be provided in the inbox

#³ Follow up step: Rebuild component list

How do I perform above steps. SUM is not prompting me at all. Please detail where exactly do I have to place the SCAs? I have currently placed in usr/sap/trans/eps/in and download directory of SUM.

I wanted to provide few additional information that might help narrow down the issue. I added the missed components in trans/eps/in directory. I started JSPM. I first chose, single support packages, it did not detect the missing components target at all. Secondly, I tried with New Support Packages, JSPM is detecting the new sap.com/STRUTS component but not the missing shared java components. Both SUM and JSPM is not recognizing the shared java components that is explained in note 1602476 - Upgrade from CRM 7.0/NW70x to NW7.3 with modifications. Looks like the only way possible is thru SUM and to make it recognize the shared java components.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha, This has become way too complex and I would think the best option is that we deploy these files later (if they have deployable archives using a tool like telnet/sdm).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kavitha

Could you check the stack file for the target version of the component.

If the target version is same as shown in the above screen then the upgrade went well based on the stack file configuration, if not then we need to identify the "Target Release Components" phase logs to see what was selected there.

Cheers

RB