cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove components from a production order pick list?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our assembly line prints a pick list before final confirmation of our product.  Only a few ROHs are required on this list. However, all HALBs are listed on the pick list as well.  This confuses the Assemblers so I would like to remove them.  The only help I have gotten internally is that since we did not allocate components to operations, they were defaulted to operation 010.  If I change the HALBs to operation 020 via CA02, it will not change the pick list, correct?

Thanks,
Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

If the backflush indicator is set the material should not appear on the picklist.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are referring to the back flush field in MRP2 of the MM, then all of them (with the exception of the bulk items) are set to 1 and all components appear on the pick list.  What am I missing?  Sorry, I'm a little new at this...

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

Just one clarification: by pick list are you refering to transaction CO27 or to a printed document from your order?

If you are refering to transaction CO27, I can tell you for sure that the components will not be displayed on the pick list when the backflush indicator is set on the order. Please observe that the setting from the material master may have been changed after the order creation, therefore, make sure that the indicator is set for the order component.

However, if you are refering to a printed document, it depends on the print program used. Generally, custom programs are used to print the orders, so that customers can define their own layout. If you are using a custom program, please ask you ABAP consultant to check it and include a logic to exclude the desired components. You may check which print program is used on transaction OPK8.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.  Yes, this is printed from the production order change tcode co02.  Our ABAP group hasn't replied to my request other than giving me a 68 page document on how to create and maintain routings. In it, this is the only reference that might be applicable...

"Component Allocation – If components are not allocated to an operation, all components are then considered to be allocated to the first operation. The first operation is the default component allocation.

This tells me that we can change the component allocation, which will add/remove items from the pick list (since every item on the pick list has operation 010).  If I change it, will it be removed?  If it does, are there any other concequences.

I realize at this point it may be custom to our application, so thank you for your help.

Jay

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This tells me that we can change the component allocation, which will add/remove items from the pick list (since every item on the pick list has operation 010).  If I change it, will it be removed?  If it does, are there any other concequences.

Jay King,

Please remember component allocation to different operations determines same components during order operation confirmation.

Suppose if you have assigned all components to operation 0010 and Back flush indicator set in material master then during order confirmation for operation 0010 you can see all components were listed in goods movement tab.

If you assign component allocation to second operation then those components would listed during second operation confirmation.

So with changing the component allocation you can not drop your assemblies from printing so only option is find out the smart form for your pick list in OPK8 and Exclude required components from printing with custom logic.

BR
KK