cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop-up box on sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning

Does anyone know if its possible to have a pop up box come up customer driven when entering a sales order. I saw something similar during training but can t seem to get anyone to go over it again.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have several customer that have specific freight issues for PO;s under $2000 and different ones for PO's under $2000.00 since we can only default 1 shipping spec per customer I would like a pop-up box with the customers requirements come up in the sales order once we enter the Business Partners acct number in the sales order.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wendy,

Could you give an example of the text you want in the popup?

And what criteria should be taken into consideration - customer no., qty (total qty in a sales order)?

What is shipping spec? (is it shipping conditions?)

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like the pop up box to have the information from the business partner of any rules that apply for example  I have a customer who has free freight on orders over $700.00 so we have to remember to change the spec so we don't invoice freight, but each of my customers has a different amount that this rule applies and its difficult to remember so I would like the pop I\up box to have the rule for that business partner, Does that make sense?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wendy, yes, your business scenario makes sense!

But with condition records (and condition technique) this requirement can be met. Further, automatically freight will populate in your order. This is better than having a popup and the user manually inputting the freight charges. This can lead to mistakes / human error.

It is same as for different scenarios, the price of the same material is different. This can be setup in pricing (standard SAP).

TW

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you're asking looks like a text configuration - text is entered in the customer master and displayed before being copied to the order. This has already been discussed on SCN (just the first hit).

But I agree with TW that the best option is to remove the manual process out of the equation. People get used to the pop-ups very quickly and simply ignore them (at least that has been my experience). And charging the customer freight incorrectly could easily turn into a customer service disaster and/or financial loss. The risk seems too big IMHO to rely on someone reading a pop-up and then actually acting on it (correctly!).

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe text determination might be what you are looking for? I can see it serving your purpose without any code work

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we are answering a question, we put our intelligence depending on the seriousness of the question. Many a times as TW has put it, the OP do not give any clarity of the requirement, as if the question is put just for the sake of it.

So the answers also tend to be of the same nature. I agree, its not a good practice for the forum.

Lets see what Wendy replies, hope she/he is serious about her/his requirement

Thanks

Jobi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wendy,

As members have requested, explain the business scenario; so that we can understand the reason and background for having a popup. Also explain where you don't want any popup.

Is this for a specific scenario (process / business entity) or it is needed across all processes etc.?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

What kind of pop-up you want?

I request you to be provide more details about your requirement.

Regards

SD

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

You can have pop ups at different stages of a sales order creation. There are std user exits available.

If you want a pop up immediately after entering your sold-to party, u can use a user exist at that level.

Put the condition and logic and content of pop up into it.

This is an ABAP work. discuss with ABAPer.

Regards

Jobi

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps it would make sense to wait for Wendy to clarify what did she (?) mean exactly before jumping to the suggestions that this is "ABAP work". It could be 1001 things that have nothing to do with ABAP.

The question is too generic to be answered intelligently at this point. Samier was right to ask for clarification.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generic comment: Liked the collective conversation "among" above 3 members. Often, we are guilty of jumping into solutions...before the requirement is clear. some times our assumptions convince us that the requirement is clear. (i have fallen into these traps many times)

On the other hand, the client / OP several times do not give a straight or clear picture of the requirement(s).