cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am considering this app to our sales department and I have some questions.

First of all, I need to know if in the iPad app the sync of the data when working offline is incremental or it mades a complete copy everytime the user changes to offline mode.

Then I would know if in the HTML5 application it is possible to work in offline mode too, we should know if some people could work with a laptop.

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pushkar_ranjan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to work offline on a laptop format device leveraging the HTML5 version of the solution offering.

You can read up on some of the limitations on data sync pattern, fields available, number of records per object type in the help documentation available with the solution offering.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are also interested in using the offline mode but the product documentation says that it is only supported for iPad. You are saying that it can indeed be used on laptops. Could you please provide more info on that. What are the prerequisites (possible under Windows 7?)?

Many thanks,

Andreas Halpern

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

We are planning to release HTML5 based offline applications around end of June 2015.

For Windows 7, you can use it via the Chrome browser. For Windows 8.1 and above, there will be a container based application.

Regards,

Ankan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankan!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

Do you have any updates regarding the Offline mode? The release has been planned for June 2015, for Windows 8.1 and above - is it already available?

Thanks in advance, kind regards,

Doro

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The app has been uploaded to the Windows Store but it is pending approval. It should be available shortly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would also like to know if the offline synchronization is a complete sync, or delta sync.  The help documentation does not indicate.

Regards,

Andy

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

It will be a delta-based sync.

Also an update: For Windows, we will only be officially supporting Windows 8.1 and above with a container app. Windows 7 (browser-based on Chrome) support has been post-poned to a later release.

Regards,

Ankan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ankan!

Regards,

Andy

pushkar_ranjan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Check out the video at Updated: Working with iPad® Offline Mode - YouTube to understand working with the app in offline mode via the iPad including things like how much data can an end user take offline with them.

Thank you.