cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass multiple values from mainreport to subreport?

former_member327010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a way to pass multiple parameter values from main report to subreport? I am able to pass single value but i don't how to pass multiple values. When i try to pass multiple values only the last value is passed.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,

Martin Zluky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a parameter to the main report that you want to pass to the subreport?  Or is it a formula from the main report?

-Dell

former_member327010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is a parameter created in the main report.

Regards,

Martin Zluky

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this:

1.  Delete the existing subreport link.

2.  Create a new param in the subreport that is set to multi-value.

3.  Create a new subreport link.  In the "Subreport parameter field to use" table, select the parameter you just created.

This will ensure that the target param in the subreport is multi-value so it should contain all of the values from the main report.

-Dell

former_member327010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i just followed these steps and it looks its working. I am gonna test it for a while now and let you know if it is really working.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Martin Zluky

former_member327010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it was not working properly. But i guess i figured it out. I did an extra step in the subreport. You need to use interactive filter in the subreport. I selected the result object to be filtered and the parameter i just created and which is getting the values from main report.

Regards,

Martin Zluky

former_member327010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

few things i noticed:

1. You only need to use the interactive filter if you create the parameter within the subreport

2. If you create it as a filter in the query panel of the subreport the steps Christy wrote work like charm 😉

Hope i have described it properly

Best regards,

Martin Zluky

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm..strangely I've never been able to pass a multi-value prompt from the Main Report to a Universe prompt in the Subreport.

What version of CR and BO you're using - from the terms you used (like interactive filter), it seems you're using BI 4.1?

-Abhilash

former_member327010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes i am using BI 4.1. It really works. Been struggling for weeks with this. 

Best regards,

Martin Zluky

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

1) What kind of a parameter is this - string, number?

2) Are you trying to 'filter' records inside the Subreport based on the values selected in the Main Report's prompt?

3) What is the datasource for the subreport - command sql, tables/views, stored procs?

-Abhilash

former_member327010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

1) string

2) yes

3) universe based on oracle database

Regards,

Martin Zluky

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Does the Universe query in the Subreport also have a prompt and are you trying to link the prompt inside Main Report with this prompt? If yes, then unfortunately, there isn't a way to do this currently without getting of that Universe prompt.

You would need a selection formula inside the Subreport which is based a string concatenation formula that is received from the Main Report.

Depending on the number of records returned by the Universe (without this filter), this could tremendously slow the report.

-Abhilash