cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI 4.1 SP2 - Change Source BEx not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When changing the source for a BEx Query to another BEx Query I get to the stage where the dimensions are mapped but this page just stays blank. Nothing happens - I wait for 5 minutes and still nothing happens.

Any ideas what is happening?

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

When you create a new webi report form the other BEX query is everything working?

You can also try something that I did during a conversion project. Copy on of the tables and paste it into a new webi document. This will copy the data source that that table is using. Remap it to the new query and test if that works.

This will let you quickly determine if the query itself is giving you and issue or if the report that you have might be "BO Curropt"... By that i mean something random that you might after a week or two get around or if it just quicker to copy all the data sources to a new document and then remap.

Not the perfect answer but based on what you said that is what i would try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I can create a report on the BEx query I am trying to move to.

If I understand correctly you want me to try and copy the tables from the original WebI report to a new one. I have tried that and it fails - I get a long java error message.

I have raised the problem with SAP

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

One additional thing i forgot to ask, was this report created from the beginning in Web Intelligence or first in deski and then migrated.

The only time i have experienced this issue is with the last scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - it was not migrated. SAP are looking at the issue i will let you know what they say

Answers (0)