cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Creating a Gateway Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....I am new to Gateway.I am unable to add a service.Please help me out.

The steps I followed were

First I created the Project "Z_FLIGHT_DETAILS" as a local object.

Next I created an entity type...Right click on Data model->Import->DDIC STRUCTURE. There I entered the ABAP directory "SCARR". Selected the required fields and key.

Then generated the service on clicking the option "generate run time objects".

then navigated to transaction code /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE and selected "ADD SERVICE". I gave LOCAL as my system alias and gave enter. I am not able to find the service in "activate and maintain services" which I have created.Instead of that it is showing "NO BACKEND SERVICES FOUND".

Please help me with the solution.

Thanks

Haritha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Haritha,

is the service name you entered in the service maintenance transaction (on your last screenshot) really Z_FLIGHT_DETAILS or is it called Z_FLIGHT_DETAILS_SRV (_SRV is added to the proposed service name when you generate the runtime objects).

Please check your name in the Gateway Service Builder (your project -> "Runtime Artifacts").

You can also check the registration status in the Gateway Service Builder under the node "Service Maintanence" (here you can also register your service directly).

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

thanks for your reply. It is very helpful. Now I am able to add a service.

But while checking whether the service is accessible from the web or not by clicking the "call browser" button, it is displaying as

Thanks

Haritha

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haritha,

The logged in user doesn't seem to has authorization to access the gateway service. Ask your basis/security team to provide you authorization.

Please check this link for authorizations. User, Developer, and Administrator Authorizations - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

Regards,

Ekansh   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haritha,

what did you do to solve the problem with the message "See SAP Note 1797736 for error analysis". I have the same problem

Regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

as far as I can see from Haritha´s description, the Runtime Artifacts were not generated in SEGW. After modelling and saving the entity type, press the red-white "Generate" icon. This will bring up a popup window where you can basically confirm the settings as they are, if you like:

After that you should see success messages and in the project tree you there should be entries under "Runtime Artifacts" for you project. Then retry the service registration.

If that´s not your problem, please post your request which led to the error message in your screenshot.

Best regards,

Ringo

Answers (0)