SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No authorization to open the file

former_member191210
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Payment program ( FPY1 )  creates ACH files in addition with idoc,A user want to create the ACH file and want to put this file in specific directory in server ( AL11 ),for all this user run some job in background,but this job is failing and he is getting dump ( st22 ) "No authorization to open the file /usr/sap/data/asp/Ach001".

So what I think. this is authorization issue for user,meanwhile I compare the role assignment for this user with the user who is able to perform the above task successfully,but all role assignment are same in SU01.

Could you help me what I can do next ?

Regards

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Amit:

This is a network authorization issue and has nothing to do with the Utilities solution.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Amit:

This is a network authorization issue and has nothing to do with the Utilities solution.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir.

You can try using SU53 transaction to find out more details about the missing authorization.

Marko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The role assignment in SU01 is different. We need access for the folder. Please contact your Basis team giving the filepath "/usr/sap/data/asp/Ach001" and request access for the folder.

Sometimes, the user will have access only to the first level folder and not to sub-levels. So, try loading to first level folder.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Kavya S

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Agree with Bill, that the authorization error that you are getting is for the particular location\folder where in you want to place the file.

It has nothing to do with SAP Role profiles.

Have you tried to upload the file in that location through transaction CG3Z?

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for you reply,actually user is running job.

ashvinder_rana
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Amit, the basis team needs to give read, write and execute permissions to your file path/folder (/usr/sap/data/asp/") on the application server. Once the user has these permissions, user can run the jobs successfully.

Ashvinder