Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Workflow conceptual -doubts

hello,

few doubts on workflows,

i am executing a workflow from a program using FM :'SWW_WI_START'.

i am passing agent table in this FM as a parameter.

But in workflow also i have created an activity and maintained agent assignement in task.

What i am not understanding is:

Does workflow sends workitems to those agents which i am passing while calling FM

or does workflow send notifications to agents in have maintained in agents in workflow (control tab).

1 once i have not assigned any agent in control tab and also agent table (passed to FM) is also empty.

Still why i am getting notifications in SBWP for that work item?

Former Member
Former Member replied

>That Means, if i am not defining any container element(may be i don't need one), then parameter AC_CONTAINERĀ  is of no use to me.

Yes. AC_CONTAINER will be empty in runtime.

>then i'll be getting email(email address defined to my user id SU01). Am I right?

I am not sure where you got that email idea? The agents will be user IDs. => The users will get a work item in their Business Workplace inbox (not email inbox). It looks like you are having some kind of IDOC monitoring task, so in other words, the users will get a task for IDOC monitoring in their inbox.

Now if you want emails to be sent, that will be entirely another story. Basically you need to add email sending step in your workflow OR you can implement Extended Notifications for your task.

Regards,

Karri

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question